98 Cobra alarm issue

ProbieG

Future Hose Jockey
Established Member
If I lock my car with anything but the key from the outside the alarm goes off. Which includes hitting the lock button from the inside or locking it with my key fob. I don't know why this would be happening.

CJHAMIL

Pew Professional
Established Member
I have the same issue and I cannot figure it out. Looks like its time to dive deeper into the issue.

ProbieG

Future Hose Jockey
Established Member
Idk if it could be related but the cigarette lighters don't work either

laddanator

Established Member
I have the same issue. I know this is not a true fix but I had a keyless entry installed and I do not use the buttons on the door anymore. I can't use my key or it sets the alarm off if I locked the door with the door button.

Last edited:

SVTwhore

Established Member
I bought the car knowing it had some mechanical issues but the guy didn't tell me about the electrical issues. I've been stuck in parking lots a couple of times now. I've been able to get by with disconnecting the battery for a couple of min to reset everything. After reconnecting it works fine for about a dozen starts and then goes back to the alarm going off when I open the door and won't start with the key without disconnecting the battery.

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
My car if I have the trunk lock plugged into the alarm it sets the alarm off. Immediate short. Unplug it and its fine

SVTwhore

Established Member
Not sure if you got your issue resolved. I tried that bypass and it didn't help. Still having the alarm go off on occasion when I unlock the car with the key. Can't get anything to function until I unhook the battery for a few and then it's fine for awhile after that. I'm wondering if my key is potentially going bad :shrug:. I only got one key and no fobs when I bought it so haven't really been able to test it that route. There are a couple of other more pressing issues I'm sorting out before I bother getting the additional key's and fobs.

Users who are viewing this thread