'98 center console trim piece removal ?

Wildpony

Established Member
Im not sure this is the section to post but how the heck does that trim piece around the center A/C vents, radio, cd, come off ? I already took off the 2 upward facing bolts but now what ? I also tried removing the lower cd unit (so I could install a "cubby" ), with the DIN removal tool thing, but it seems to hang up on the inside of this trim piece.
I want the damn thing off so I can strip/re paint the vinyl coating as it is scratched up. I would just buy a new one but when I found out the stupid piece was around $180 I about sh*t..

Thanks
Todd

mcaligiuri

Established Member
its 3 bolts and a little tug. Take the radio pieces out, there is one bolt on that braket that they hang onto. then just give it a tug and it will come out.

Cookieman00x

Drunk Again.
Established Member
after you get the radio out, there is a bracket that acts as a seperator between the radio and the pocket. Its bolted in behind the dash bezel towards the bottom of the bracket.

Wildpony

Established Member
So the radios come out 1st or the trim piece ?
Being careful here as I don't want to blow $180+ for the new piece of "plastic".

Thanks

SVTCOBRRA

Established Member
radio comes out 1st then take out the bold on the skinny bracket that is in between the two radio slots

Wildpony

Established Member
thanks
Now if I can get those stupid "DIN" tools to pull out the radio. They keep slipping out as I pull- even when I try to spread them apart while inserted...

Users who are viewing this thread