98 Camaro Z28

Bryan99hoss

Established Member
1998 Silver Z28

Black leather, t-tops, Automatic

346 cid
Mahle flat top pistons, new GM LS1 cracked rods, new GM Crank. Stock 99 cam
motor was assembled and installed lat 149750 (chassis) miles, I bought the car to make a daily driver then decided to sell and put it up once, the only thing that are OE on the car are block head castings intake/exhaust manifold Throttle body and electronics

Also has a new 255lph Fuel Pump, as well as New Front Oxygen sensors

body has 154K on it

the transmission was just rebuilt see below pictures for complete run-down

The rear end was gone threw while the transmission was out, new GM gears and lube added everything checked out ok has a 3.42 gear

I would like to get 7000obo for it, no trades

Clean AL title in hand

Pix, car still has some water on it from where i sprayed it off

DSC00515.jpg

DSC00516.jpg

DSC00517.jpg

DSC00518.jpg

DSC00520.jpg

DSC00519.jpg

this car is a southern car so its never been on a salty road... and if your going to offer me a low ball there are other cars online for you... This is basically a brand new car and i dont want to lose my tail in it...

Trans was rebuilt on 2/3/09
The trans was went threw and upgraded, not because of failure but because I wanted it to be stronger due to the lack of interest toward the sell

the transmission was went threw and built locally
Modified Reinforced OEM five (5) pinion planetaries with a grooved sun gear for improved lubrication. Specially prepared performance input drum assembly. We use molded seal steel pistons. Raybestos Performance forward frictions. A set of 8 RAYBESTOS STAGE 1 PERFORMANCE clutches with full thickness steel for High Impact Durability and Super Hold on the 2-3 shift. Borg Warner 29 element dual cage sprag assembly, which is the strongest available. The BEAST sun shell which is considered unbreakable to withstand the abuse levied in high horsepower extreme torque situations. Ultra wide carbon composite 2-4 performance band with reinforced pin area to prevent tear through. This band will take the abuse and the heat. Superior Fairbanks Super Servo for MAX second gear hold, also limits 3rd gear 3-4 clutch accumulation to aid in the 3-4 clutch apply. Sonnax Dual Piston Overdrive Servo with the wide band. A Thirteen (13) vane pump with hardened rings. Full-time lube modification which assures MAX planetary life and cooling.

CARFAX shows a front collision on 3/03 I personally took the front bumper off to see if the damage was major like the CARFAX implied the Impact bar has 98 stamping on it... and is the stock silver color, also both headlights have 98 stampings on them... So any damage would have been lite or fixed really well. I have drove the car for 4,000 miles with little/ no problems. It recently had the ABS INOP problem that is common... when I get some free time I will check that out.

Last edited:

DenniSTi

Established Member
Can you tell me more about the engine please? Ever dyno it or anything? Do you have receipts/warranties?

Does it need anything before being driven 1000 miles to CT? Also, please post some pics of engine and interior. Thanks

Bryan99hoss

Established Member
It was a basic OE rebuild with new stuff, I have some receipts somewhere I will have to do some serious digging for them as I really did not intent to sell it when it was going together, and I will send you a link to a folder in my photobucket with all the pictures I have of it now

and I would have no problem getting in it tomorrow and driving it to California and back

DenniSTi

Established Member
Forgive me, I must have been spaced out yesterday and didn't realize it was an automatic. Bump for a nice Fbod deal, just need an m6 myself. GL with sale.

Users who are viewing this thread