98 BAB Cobra, part out part II

brian98svtsnake

Established Member
A while back I started a thread on whether to part out my highly modified 98 Cobra or to sell as is. I did try to sell it as is for a little bit but got little to no interest at 13,000. To make a long story short on the mods, it had a vortech SI trim with the vortech after cooler and just about every bolt on possible without getting in to the engine. The body was in excellent condition and I had 81,000 miles on the odometer.

I started to slowly sell all the performance part with the help of of a few members pulling and buying the parts and giving me the stock parts I would need to get the car running again. Long story short, I've sold around 8,000 worth of parts, still have a few more aftermarket parts I could still sell and with a little work I could get my car running stock so I'd have to say that was the way to go. I know this is not a for sale thread but I plan on copying it and adding it to the for sale section to try and sell the remaining parts.

I still have steeda upper and lower control arms but I would need stock ones. I have a sct x3 tuner, a walbro external fuel pump, pro stars all around as well as another set of American racing Shelby type S1's. Lakewood 70/30 front struts but I need yours, eibach drag launch springs but I need yours. I also have a built rear with 4.30 gears, strange 31 spline axles, ford racing posi with carbon fiber clutches but of course I'd need to swap for your rear.

The only thing I really do need is some stock seats, wish I didn't sell mine last year.

It's been very hard for me to see all the work I did in 6 years just get stripped down but financially it's worth it. When I'm done I have a stock drive able car which I will prob sell but have had thoughts of keeping. Just don't know if I'll ever drive it over my 08 Shelby GT500 so I'll probably sell.

All the money I've made from selling the parts have gone towards a backyard patio and synthetic grass which is goin in today. As far as house mods lol I'm almost done this year and I don't need to sell my Cobra, what would you guys do, get it running and still have a little fun with it or get it running and sell it. I'm guessing I should be able to get 7-8 grand for a BAB with 81,000 miles.

Sorry for the super long post but honestly I miss posting here, the Shelby forum isn't quite as friendly.

98$vt

i love white girls
Established Member
Also, too bad you're so far otherwise I'd be there buying your rear end and giving you mine with the 3.73s and even the stock ring and pinion

brian98svtsnake

Established Member
This makes me sad but you gotta do what you gotta do!

car089.jpg

Oh I'm also seeing if anyone wants my powder coated intake which was ported for a single blade TB. They powder coated the inside which makes it super smooth and I've never had a problem with it flaking or anything. It can handle over 600 degrees which you'll never see in your intake. I'd want 150 plus your stock one.
car070.jpg

Last edited:

brian98svtsnake

Established Member
70/30 fronts. I have older tokickos

I see your in NY, you looking to come here to do the swap or to use shipping. If you come here and help me out we can make a nice deal def since you have better than stock. If I gotta ship it's gonna be a bit more. Gotta take a look and see how much they originally cost to work the numbers out. Lmk if I'm shipping or if your driving

Sleeper98

Established Member
I actually shipped strange shocks to long island and it's like 25 bucks. I wish I had known last week. I was in east Brunswick.. Figure out prices man. If its worth it for us I'm sure we can figure something out!!

brian98svtsnake

Established Member
So what should I do with this thing sitting in my driveway. Prob cost me less than a grand to get her running well. At that point do I sell? How much can I reasonably get for a 98 BAB mostly stock with 81,000 miles that runs well?

Ford1288

Established Member
Did you ever get rid of the interior pieces? I might be interested in the intake as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brian98svtsnake

Established Member
Pictures? Little nervous I would put you through the trouble and not like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honestly, I've never gotten any negative feedback in person. Got a lot of compliments and asked where it got done and how much. You could never have too much BAB, the best color ever.

brian98svtsnake

Established Member
how much were you looking to get for the rearend?

I would need yours in return, I see your in Conn, that's kind of a hike. It would all depend on the condition and what you had in your rear. Pm me on your intentions about coming here and what's done to your rear and I'll give you a price

Users who are viewing this thread