97 Teksid block and cobra crank

fasvtcontour00

Established Member
I have an aluminum Teksid block out of my 97 cobra with right at 83,000 miles on it. I just got a new stroker shortblock from MMR so I won't be needing it. I locked the motor up was the reason for the swap but the block and crank seem to be in good condition. I haven't taken the rotating assembly out yet but my mechanic and I feel that the only problem was three rods were knocking and loose on the crankshaft. Of course, a thorough inspection will be done of everything before I sell them to anyone but if my prediction is right on the condition of these two parts, I'm looking to get $450 out of the block and $300 out of the crankshaft. I prefer a local pickup if possible or I can maybe deliver or meet somewhere, I travel from Lebanon, KY to Lexington, KY everyday of the week so anywhere around there I can deliver. Also, I'm not ruling out the possibility of shipping these I would just have to go get some quotes. If you are interested post up, PM me, or call me 270-337-3082. Just testing the waters on this now, and a thorough inspection will be done soon by a reputable local machine shop. I'm also open to trades, looking for wheels with at least 2 10.5" rears or aluminum driveshaft and flywheel.

Hissssnsvt

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
Did you get a chance to have the block looked over? Know someone who might be interested in it.

fasvtcontour00

Established Member
$500 as is, block and rotating assembly. Need to sell and I don't wanna put anymore money in it...I'll have to check shipping rates for some of you guys. Does anyone know the best way or company to ship a block? I have no clue where to start except UPS or Fedex.

Users who are viewing this thread