97 Spuddering during acceleration

Cobra_im

********* STAMPEDE
Established Member
;)I need help my 97 cobra is Spuddering during acceleration. I just replaced the spark plugs gapped them at .054 and still the same thing. I’m going to replace the fuel filter tomorrow. Anyone have a clue what it could be? I do have a check engine light on I guess I could scan that as well

Cobra_im

********* STAMPEDE
Established Member
ok changed the plugs, fuel filter, now im putting MSD Wires on it and im going to run SeaFoam to see if it works I did a scan and it tells me number 3 cylinder not fireing.

Cookieman00x

Drunk Again.
Established Member
if its not fireing, check the connection on your coil pack, you coil pack could be bad, your plug could be bad or your wire could be bad.

Since you changed the wires and the plugs, its not that.

Id look into a new ( or used) coil pack.

BMF42

Drive it like u STOLE IT
Established Member
if its not fireing, check the connection on your coil pack, you coil pack could be bad, your plug could be bad or your wire could be bad.

Since you changed the wires and the plugs, its not that.

Id look into a new ( or used) coil pack.

This is what happened to me and it came down to something being wrong with my coil pack(s). When I got my accel coil packs my car was back to normal. So my car has had no problems since. Good luck!

Dano

"Book 'em Dano"
Established Member
Isn't it possible to swap coil packs, and then see if the problem cylinder goes away?:)shrug:) Of course, it will reappear as another code on a different cylinder, right?

Last edited:

Cobra_im

********* STAMPEDE
Established Member
Blaise Whats up man Loooooooong time no see LOL Ill pm you my email I was thinking about you the other day. I live off exit 11 now.

The car is fixed it was the plug wires (LOL)

Users who are viewing this thread