97 Rio Red/Tan Leather 41k miles.....

LBZ-COBRA

Established Member
97 Rio Red/Tan Leather 42k miles.....

my.php
[/URL][/IMG] I am tossing the idea around of selling my cobra. I won't sell it unless I can get the money I want for it. The car has 42,005 miles on it. It is Rio Red with Tan Leather. It has had the following things done to it:

18x9.5 2000 Cobra R wheels on it wrapped in Michelin Pilot Sports
Steeda Caster Camber Plates
Steeda Short Throw Shifter
Polished Shift Knob
Brembo Cross Drilled/Slotted Rotors w/new pads all around
Two Stage Painted Calipers
BBK O/R H pipe w/ Flowmaster 40's
C&L 80mm Mass Air with K&N Filter Kit
Mobil One Full Synthetic Just serviced
New 50/35 tint just done
Fluidyne Aluminum Polished Radiator
Ford Racing Billet Pedals
Motive 3.73's (one bearing was starting to whine so everything in the rear end has been replaced..all bearings seals and fluid and new gears)
Eibach Pro Kit with Jamex Struts 1.5 inch drop

I don't want to get rid of it but I just don't drive it much anymore. I looking to get $13,000 for it. The car is tight and is very strong. I can email pics. Just email me at [email protected] and I will get back to you with pics.

Clear Title in Hand

Last edited:

LBZ-COBRA

Established Member
Edit on mileage: I haven't driven it lately and was estimating mileage, it rolled 42k even this morning. Additional Pics on the way...$13k.

Last edited:

o3SnakeBite

Die Hard Sports Junkie
Established Member
I like your car and it looks sweet!! But the KBB on it says its only worth around 9500. Would you come lower?

YellowSVT98

AKA YellowSnake98
Established Member
NADA Says it is worth $12,700. That is really low miles for a 97 and if i did not already have a 98, i would want it. Nice car. Good luck!

LBZ-COBRA

Established Member
YellowSVT98 said:
NADA Says it is worth $12,700. That is really low miles for a 97 and if i did not already have a 98, i would want it. Nice car. Good luck!
thanks YellowSVT, I agree. I just pulled her from under the cover and washed, waxed, conditioned the leather seats and just basically did a full detail. Now she is sitting on the lot for sale at the BMW Mercedes Dealership I work for at $13,800. I am trying to get some more pics together now. I now have a whole folder of the car on my computer so anyone who wants any additional pics just email me. I will get them out ASAP tomorrow.

Last edited:

LBZ-COBRA

Established Member
Bump...new price $12,500 firm. I have the title clear and in hand. This will make someone a very nice cobra. Hate to see it go but it deserves someone who will drive it more than I do. Thanks, Frank

bleedfordblue65

Established Member
In the pic from the rear, Is the deck lid not shut all the way or is that just how it fits? Also, I am very interested.. I just have to sell my 65 coupe first. If i were to fly up there, would you take 12,000 cash handed to you personally? Thank You....

Brett

LBZ-COBRA

Established Member
Brett,
To answer your questions. In the picture if you are talking about the trunk it was not shut all the way as I had just washed it and forgot to shut it all the way. I usually put my cleaning supplies back in the trunk afterwards. On the dyno and the track, It has been on the Dyno at Performance Autosports right outside of Richmond. They were very professional and had a kickass setup at that place. I pulled the car in and they took it from there. I can't remember the owners name but he was great. His exact words to me were that "That is one of the strongest cobras(96-98) he had ever seen for a basically stock with exhaust and K&N/C&L kit". It put out right at 275hp at the rear wheels. I would imagine she is about 315 to 320 at the crank. I did one autocross (3 runs) in the car in West Virginia at one of the older smaller airports in it. It was my first one so of course I was very slow, LOL. Other than that it has never been to a dragstrip or big track. I sure wanted to take it to V.I.R. down in Danville but never have been able to afford a track day. I just found the Dyno sheet and I will post it with all the other pics on Photobucket. Not sure on the 12k but we can discuss that through PM. I will be going out of town tomorrow evening to NY and won't be able to check the site until Sunday. If you or anyone has any more questions please email me or PM me. Thanks, Frank

LBZ-COBRA

Established Member
Ok, pic of dyno is now on my photobucket account. I just looked at the picture of the decklid/trunk and yes the trunk is open, my bad guys, LOL. Next I failed to mention that the stereo will go back to the factory setup before the car leaves also. I have a sony in there now but will put back the factory fm tape player and the lower CD player. Thanks guys!

redfire03 svt

Established Member
how far are you from atlanta GA? love you car and looking for a 96-98 cobra, but with those low miles I can't afford the asking price:( Would you trade for a 93 5.0 Coupe with a 5 Speed.

LBZ-COBRA

Established Member
Wish I could but just need to sell the car outright. I will get another stang but its going to be summertime probably. I am sure your 93 is nice and if I was going to get another its going to be a Fox-Body. Bump.........$12k is a great price for this car. Ebay is next. thanks, Frank

LBZ-COBRA

Established Member
Just replied to your email. If you have questions you can call me at the number listed in the email or you can email me back. I have no email at home at the moment so I didn't get to check any yesterday. Thanks!

LBZ-COBRA

Established Member
Sold!! New owner is 03RedSnake....Enjoy Mike! I will miss the car for sure. Let me know you got home safe and take care of my car(your car now :( ) Thanks, Frank

Users who are viewing this thread