++ 97 Rio Red Cobra For Sale! ++

toast

Established Member
Car has 127,xxx miles as of posting. Asking price is $5900 obo. I have owned the car for the past year and a half and it has been 110% reliable. In that time I have replaced almost every major wear item on the car. I bought the car and the rear defroster didnt work, so I replaced the entire rear window. I also have replaced the clutch with a Ford King Cobra clutch. Everything that I have done has either been replaced with OEM Ford parts (like the window and clutch) or at the very least the top of the line parts available at aftermarket retailers. I think the only thing I haven't touched are the brakes which are still in good shape. Other things that have been replaced:

Accumulator, o-rings, clutch cycle switch for a/c (blows ICE cold)

Belt tensioner

serpentine belt

battery (2 months old if that)

alternator (OEM Ford, I dont shortcut important things)

Coolant was completely flushed and replaced

Transmission fluid has been changed

Rear differential fluid has been changed and had the pinion flange replaced

Fresh NGK TR55 plugs

Ford Racing Plug wires

Some interior pieces were cracked and fading so I found some better ones out of a wrecked mustang and replaced those

The passenger side turn signal lens was cracked so I replaced the turn signals, headlights, and fog lights with smoked lens assemblies from Blue Oval Industries.

The car has Eibach pro-kit springs (stock springs will be included with the car)v which provide ~1.5inch drop without giving a harsh ride. I installed Tokico HP Blue shocks at the same time.

When I lowered the car I installed Maximum Motorsports Caster/Camber plates to keep the alignment straight. I also threw on a Maximum Motorsports Strut Tower brace. The car also has a MAC Off-road H pipe (I have the stock mid pipe that will be included with the car) and Flowmaster mufflers dumped under the car.

The bad about the car:
Problems with the car are cosmetic only. I put it in a ditch and didnt even hit anything, but apparently the previous owner had repainted the front bumper with maaco and the paint flexed and cracked right off. Also, the clear coat on the rear bumper is beginning to fade from the sun. Damage is shown in the pics. Also note that due to watering restrictions I did not wash the car before I took pics so its pretty dirty in them, I also didn't vacuum or anything, just wiped down the dust.

Now for pics:

IMG_2132.jpg

IMG_2133.jpg

IMG_2134.jpg

IMG_2135.jpg

IMG_2136.jpg

IMG_2137.jpg

IMG_2138.jpg

IMG_2139.jpg

IMG_2140.jpg

IMG_2141.jpg

IMG_2142.jpg

IMG_2143.jpg

IMG_2144.jpg

Pm or post with ANY questions! I would be more than happy to talk.
Car is located in Lutz, FL.

scoobaru05

Established Member
will be sad to see it go kurtis!

really is a nice car minus the minor cosmetic damage...have gone for a ride in the car quite a few times rides great pulls hard who gets this will be happy no doubt about it

bump!

toast

Established Member
Thanks man, Im definitely not going to budge. I dont NEED to sell it. It would just be better for me to have a cheaper 4 banger or truck for school. I can sit on this for a while though. Im gunna cry when its gone, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread