97 Pac Green Cobra, Forged/stroked

fasvtcontour00

Established Member
One of very few in this color only made in 1997. I have always said I would keep this car forever but its just time to move on because I have no time or money to do what I want to with it, it has been garaged and driven minimally for the past 5 months.
Here is a quick rundown of mods:
MMR 5.0 stroker street mod 950 shortblock
3.75" forged crank
Manley forged rods
Flat top CP forged pistons making 10.5:1 compression
Race balanced
MMR high volume cryotreated oil pump
MMR 7qt. race pan (getting ready to be changed back to stock)back to stock, custom painted oil pan currently
Heads are stock B heads with IMRC delete
Fresh New (not reman) Remy alternator
Mac Longtube headers
Mac prochamber midpipe
Dynomax race bullet mufflers dumped past axle (unbelievable sound)
Ford racing 9mm wires/ stock ford coils
12000K HID headlights with smoked housing and smoked side markers
Tokico blue struts and shocks
Stang suspension CC plates
Eibach Prokit lowering springs
4.30 Motive gears
TRW ball joints and tie rod ends
recently turned rotors with Bendix ceramic pads
Replica 17" FR500 wheels anthracite with polished lips
9" front and 10.5" rears
255/40/17 General Exclaim XP tires in front, 275/40/17 Nitto 555R in rear
Also have a set of 315/35/17 BFG drag radials (original tread compound) off the car that have no tread but make good for track passes.
Currently is wingless as pictured, but I'm gonna throw the stock wing back on this weekend.
Stainless steel cobra bumper inserts
body match painted side mirrors
8" shorty antenna
cobra grill emblem
Stock T45 tranny filled with Royal Purple Synchromax fluid
Has had a Valeo clutch installed sometime before I got the car but not sure when.

Now, the body has several blemishes but nothing major, car has never been wrecked. It now has almost 119k miles on the odometer and has been my daily driver for 3 years. It still runs stronger today than the first day I got it, it just simply performs when asked. The corner of the front bumper has been rubbed on something and there is a pretty good scuff on it (was there when I got the car) not real noticeable though unless looking closely. The wheels have very few blemishes on them at all with light swirl on the polished lipped rear wheels, nothing a good buff and polish wouldn't take care of. The last thing I should mention is the driver seat is torn on the left bolster from normal wear. Thats about all I can think of now, email with any questions at [email protected].

Asking $7000 sorry no trades

fasvtcontour00

Established Member
IMG_1668.jpg

IMG_1669.jpg

IMG_1663.jpg

LongshotSVT

I piss excellence
Established Member
Ever dyno'd? Curious to what a setup like this would put down. I'm from Louisville and heading there on the 18th for Xmas, I might come take a look some day while I'm there if that's ok?

fasvtcontour00

Established Member
I had it dynoed once at Modular Depot in Northern KY, at the time the IMRC's were malfunctioning and not opening all the way after 3K rpm, hence the delete. It put down 268hp at 3K rpms if that helps any. I deleted the imrcs myself after that and the car pulls hard all the way to 7000 rpms. I estimate it to be 340-350HP at the wheels. Its basically a stock cobra with a longer stroke. MMR claims a 45-50 hp increase with the shortblock, and it feels about right. The best part is, the block and rotating assembly can take just about anything you throw at it up to 900-1000HP.

fasvtcontour00

Established Member
Ever dyno'd? Curious to what a setup like this would put down. I'm from Louisville and heading there on the 18th for Xmas, I might come take a look some day while I'm there if that's ok?

Depends on how long you're going to be in town. I can show it to you on the Sat. the 19th for sure or that following Tuesday possibly. I work alot this time of year. Just send me an email when you're gonna be in the ville.

LongshotSVT

I piss excellence
Established Member
I had it dynoed once at Modular Depot in Northern KY, at the time the IMRC's were malfunctioning and not opening all the way after 3K rpm, hence the delete. It put down 268hp at 3K rpms if that helps any. I deleted the imrcs myself after that and the car pulls hard all the way to 7000 rpms. I estimate it to be 340-350HP at the wheels. Its basically a stock cobra with a longer stroke. MMR claims a 45-50 hp increase with the shortblock, and it feels about right. The best part is, the block and rotating assembly can take just about anything you throw at it up to 900-1000HP.

Sounds like a pretty nice setup. What kind of mileage is on the short block? Did you buy it with the stroker already in it or was this something you did? Have receipts for the installation?

What about the block, is the it the 03 Cobra Iron Block or the factory Teksid? Please say teksid...

Last edited:

fasvtcontour00

Established Member
I purchased the short block and had my mechanic swap them out, unfortunately its the iron block, I sold the teksid block like a dumbass. The stroker block was installed at 80K miles, so it has almost 40k on it.

Users who are viewing this thread