'97 F350, Powerstroke, 4x4, 5spd, 35's, stacks...

Constable

Established Member
Picture_0754.jpg

Picture_0169.jpg

Picture_0776.jpg

1997 Ford F350, green/blue in color (I think it's Pacific Blue, but I'm not sure).
VIN: 1FTHF36F0VEC80494
Regular Cab, Long Bed
Powerstroke 7.3, 5 spd, 4x4, 4.10 gears...
XLT trim, 40/20/40 buckets, p/w, p/dl, AC, tilt wheel... Opal Grey interior.
98,800 miles as of this ad...

Story:
My father and brother bought two identical trucks brand new in September 1997. They got delivered sometime in October from what I remember. One was a daily driver and the other (this one) was turned into a service truck for our family business (excavation). It got lettered up and hauled a fuel tank and tools. The only drivers for it's entire life have been my father, brother, and I. I sold off my '91 F350 in September '06 and bought this from the business. We then bought a new '07 as a service truck.

Ford Repair History:
Let me start by saying that my local Ford service blows. The truck ran like CRAP for the first 45,000 miles. It had no balls and kept popping out of gear all the time. Ford performed a ridiculous amoutn of warranty work, but never actually fixed ANYTHING. Eventually, they installed a new engine, transmission, and clutch at about 45,000 miles. This was after countless other BS. They had it for over 45 days. Then they called and said they were voiding our extended warranty because we used off-road fuel in the truck. BS. We had an auxillary tank in the bed filled with dyed fuel, that's it. The truck has never seen pink fuel in it's life. Ford was just being a-holes. Whatever... we got a new motor, trans, and clutch out of the deal and just called it a day. Turns out, the whole power issue was a clogged catalytic converter. We hollowed it out and the truck ran like a raped date.

Recent repairs/preventative maintenance (all parts as new):
- I have all reciepts totalling over $7,000.00 in repairs, parts, and maintenance (and labor for the things I didn't do myself)
- Upper and lower ball joints (both sides)
- Front and rear spring shackles
- Idler pulley
- Front & rear brakes (soup to nuts two years ago)
- Clutch master cylinder, slave cylinder, and tube
- Brake lines replaced
- Clutch pedal bushings replaced
- Synthetic fluids for trans/transfer case/rears
- Fuel filter
- Coolant flush, full service
- RABS valve
- Cam/Crank position sensor (newest style)
- Fuel heater element (heater ring in fuel filter housing)
- Valve covers
- Valve cover gaskets (have harness built in)
- Turbo pedestal
- High pressure oil line fittings
- Exhaust manifold (driver side had warped slightly)
- Turbo up-pipes
- Vaccuum switch
- Probably LOTS more that I can't remember off-hand...

Extras:
- Extra leaf added to front spring pack (levels truck and holds up plow with ease)
- 8.5' Western ProPlow, UniMount style, custom mounted joystick controls
- Front bumper spaced out 1.5" (custom fabbed boxed channel iron)
- 315/75/16 ProComp XTerrains (200 miles)
- 16x10" ProComp wheels (200 miles)
- Gorilla lugs, 4 locking lugs, metal valve stems
- AFE Stage 2 intake
- Edge EZ chip (60hp/100tq)
- DrawTite hitch
- Herculiner in bead and over-the-rails
- Diamond plate rail caps, tailgate cap, and tool box
- 3.5" downpipe
- 4" cat-delete pipe
- 5" Grand Rock stack setup (t-pipe counter-sunk into bed to level the stacks with the roof)
- Bilstein shocks all around
- 5% tint on rear and doors windows
- Kenwood head unit
- Polk 6.5" in doors
- Rockford Fosgate 6x8" in rear

Body:
- Lund sunvisor
- New chrome grille & headlight bezels (not installed)
- Driver rocker panel re-sprayed (paint wore through from me dragging my foot in)
- Visor re-sprayed (clear was peeling)
- Mirrors, windshield trim, wipers, and antenna were sprayed Satin Black.
- Bed rail covers, tailgate cap, and tool box were stripped and sprayed Satin Black.
- Frame/suspension was cleaned and coated with POR-15 rust inhibitor/encapsulator

Everything on this truck works as it should. There are no surprises here. There is no rust/rot anywhere on the exterior of the truck. There is one spot where the paint is starting to bubble. It's on the lower rear corner of the inside of the driver door jamb. The paint is JUST starting to push up a bit. Looks like it started within the past 6 months... quick and easy fix.

Price: $13,000.00 firm. No trades. Won't separate anything. Truck includes whatever I have laying around for it (stock airbox, stock alcoa wheels w/315 Cooper mud tires, etc...)

More Pictures located at this link: '97 F350 Powerstroke *** For Sale *** pictures from friends & fun photos on webshots

Users who are viewing this thread