'97 cobra

morepower_00

Established Member
Hi.

I went and drove a repoed 97 cobra, can some one give me the horse power rating on it, It felt strong through first and second gear, slide ways haha, but after that it felt like a dog, the clutch was in pretty bad shape also, any info would nice, thanks.

morepower_00

Established Member
this car only has 54,xxx miles on it and the price tag is 13,000, would you say that this is a pretty good deal, car has normal wear and tear that a 5 yr. old car has.

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
Originally posted by 94svt5.0
sounds like a good deal, would jump on that one.

don't be so squirrelly, find a good mechanic to drive it and give you an opinion first......if the seller isn't comfortable with that, there just might be something fishy.....

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
If you weren't over 4,000 RPM in third and fourth (which is damn fast), don't judge the "top end". If you air the car out, third and fourth pull awfully hard, themselves...

P.S. Slap some 4.10s or 4.30s in and really feel some pull...in all gears :-D

morepower_00

Established Member
So you pretty much have too take it to the red line before shifting or pretty damn close, I shifted into 2 at probly 5800 rpms, I was just getting used to a stick again. And the bank that has it is were I bank at and the president just handed me the keys and told me to bring them back when I was through so he would let me take it to a mechanic.

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Originally posted by morepower_00
So you pretty much have too take it to the red line before shifting or pretty damn close, I shifted into 2 at probly 5800 rpms,
It'll pull almost to 7,000...hard. Keep that tach needle up (it is a multi-cam, multi-valve motor) and you won't be disappointed, even with a stock one...

Good Luck!

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
She'll pull clean and hard up to 6800. If you shift before then, you never really hit the peak HP. ;-) Definittely get it checked out by a mechanic that is SVT certified. Sounds like a decent deal though. Remember that since it is a repo, they'll auction it off if they can't get a buyer for what is owed on the note.

Users who are viewing this thread