97 Cobra wheel question?

1cbitten

Established Member
Will 07 Shelby GT 500 wheels fit a 97 Cobra? If so what all is needed ie: spacers, different lug nuts, etc. Thanks in advance:banana:

cobra4v

Hooked On SVT
Established Member
I think the off set is a little different...the wheels will be a little tucked in. You would need to put spacers to correct that. The bolt pattern is the same and so are the lug nuts.

svt fetish

SVT FREAK
Established Member
The wheels of the new cars are what is called hubcentric meaning there is a centering device which may or may not interfere with your mating surface and the offset is like .45 and the offset on the stocks is like .24 so they are going to tuck in about an inch or less. I put my 03's on my 06 and they stuck out pretty bad but they lined up with the center just fine so best of luck and hope this helps.

Tony 96 Cobra

Addict
Established Member
There is less than a quarter inch diference in offset, but isn't the wheel an inch wider? I would think it would fit fine, but maybe I am still asleep.

94CobraPace

Established Member
I have bolted a set of Shelby rims to my 94. They do fit, the rears will need 1/4" spacer to clear the inside. The fronts will need 1/2" spacer and still will not let it turn lock to lock with out hitting on the rear inside. And need longer studs, not worth it to me. But it did look goood. The front tires are tall, a smaller tire would have cured the no lock to lock.
How about getting FR500's with the correct offset.

Users who are viewing this thread