97 cobra Vs 98 cobra

1997SVTSNAKE

Established Member
Was out late last night and i was hanging out in a parking lot with a few of my friends and this black on black cobra pulls in. we talk for a while and then we go of to our spot. He has cai , exhaust and a shifter. We go from a dig and he missed a shift and stops. We line it up agian and this time i get off the line just right and i put like three on him and shuit it down. Now he want to go from a roll. Not the best race but what ever. We go from 30 and he pulls up a little but when i hit third i put like 2 lenghts on him and i shut down. It was nice to run a cobra and not a honda. The guy(32) said that he just got the car and was new to driving stick. Not a bad kill for a 18 year old kid. :kaboom:

crazycarlo

Established Member
Sweet kill man,
I cant wait to get a cobra. I have to do some saving then ill get one and see my 5.0 so i can get something to drive everyday.

Interspy24

Established Member
1997SVTSNAKE said:
if the G tech pro is right i make 335rwhp and 345rwt and with my poor driving skills the 1/4 in the low 13s

Sorry to inform you, but those numbers are off by a lot. Actually, with the amount of torque they look more like ls1 numbers...

CleanCobra

The Anti-Bling
Established Member
Interspy24 said:
Sorry to inform you, but those numbers are off by a lot. Actually, with the amount of torque they look more like ls1 numbers...

+1

nice kill though, I'm getting gears soon, can't wait.

97 slowbra

Banned
Nice kill..Those gears really came into play when you hit 3rd..I have 4.10's and when I hit third it pulls real hard

95blowncobra

95blowncobra
Established Member
Very nice kill.......you will have fun when you get your supercharger. It will be a real kick in the pants!!! +1

matt888

Established Member
1997SVTSNAKE said:
if the G tech pro is right i make 335rwhp and 345rwt and with my poor driving skills the 1/4 in the low 13s

Not trying to flame you man, but I thought the G tech pro was suppose to be fairly accurate. I'd be curious to know what your car really puts down and see how far off it is - or isn't. I don't think I'll be buying one of those after all...

97 slowbra

Banned
matt888 said:
Not trying to flame you man, but I thought the G tech pro was suppose to be fairly accurate. I'd be curious to know what your car really puts down and see how far off it is - or isn't. I don't think I'll be buying one of those after all...

Actually the times the g-tech puts down are very close to accurate..The Trap speed and everyting else are supposed to be off by quite a bit..I think like 4 or 5 mph faster readings than would actually be in the quarter

97 slowbra

Banned
cobra2798 said:
I should know :nonono: :(

Dont feel bad..That 03 I raced and stayed pretty much dead even with should though :beer: It was all stock and the driver probably couldnt drive but you never now..My car is a freak!! But the only thing i dont get is how we were both in 2nd and he didnt pull me at all..This was from a 45roll..I dont know...Slow Cobras?? :shrug:

cobra2798

I have no car
Established Member
97 cobra said:
Dont feel bad..That 03 I raced and stayed pretty much dead even with should though :beer: It was all stock and the driver probably couldnt drive but you never now..My car is a freak!! But the only thing i dont get is how we were both in 2nd and he didnt pull me at all..This was from a 45roll..I dont know...Slow Cobras?? :shrug:
From my experience with your car I would believe that you could hang with a stock 03. Ive seen some bolt on new edge cars hang with stock 03's so im sure you could do it.

cobra2798

I have no car
Established Member
DrZacharyus said:
i should be out there tomorrow eric
Great, I hope to see you out tonite. We are takin up a collection for some hurricane hotrod t shirts so if you want one bring like $10 and put in an order.

Cammed01C5

Established Member
1997SVTSNAKE said:

My 98 Cobra w/ 4.30's, O/R H, LT's, C&L, Pulley's only put down 295/298.
I would guess those numbers to be a little high as well. Even my friends similarly modded and tuned 01 didn't have numbers close to yours.

Users who are viewing this thread