97 cobra vs. 94 AWD talon

byeofcr

Established Member
Finally New Jersey has nice weather. A buddy of mine recently got his talon back on the road, i think its a 94, but he has so many other body parts on im not sure what year it is. He blew his last motor and he works near this place that imports japanese engines so he picked up this Cyclone Engine 220HP i believe, with less than 20k on it with a newer stock turbo. Hes got a high flow catted pipe, greddy exhaust, K&N. Anyway, he had it out at the local hangout and of course once i roll in the questions and challenges are rampid. So i said f it, why not its beautiful out, so we head down to bunker hill and surprisingly, he wanted to go from a roll. PERFECT. So we lined up got up to about 15-20 and nailed it, i immediately jumped about 2 cars out thru second and many more by 3rd. Now, this is where my lack of experience with a manual car comes in (my last two gt's were autos). So now we are going to go from a stop and already i knew this kid was going to tear me a new one. Luckily my shitty driving is compensated by the DOHC high end charge and ive been fortunate enough to reel everyone i have raced in, with the exception of my my friends highly modified WRX. So everyone is telling him that he needs to get me out of the hole bad because ill come up hard and most likely sideways :-D . I didnt spin to bad, i tried my best to launch really well, I tried easing out the clutch so i didnt go up in smoke, it wasnt to terrible. anyway he didnt get a great launch, again the car has been sitting for almost 8 months, so he only jumped me by about was about 1-1 1/2 cars out of the hole and by the middle of 3rd i pulled even and then pulled a fender and we shut down. So i think with some practice, itll be closer. Overall that car sounds AWESOME, the wastegate sounds like a girl screaming lol. We shook hands and headed back to D&D. since the weather is getting nice, all the fast cars are gunna start coming out and my reign on top will be short lived, but im enjoying it while i can.
Later guys
fred
p.s. i know practice makes perfect, but anyone wanna shoot me some pointers? Im goin to e-town this weekend for my bday and im really interested to see my 60'ft times, my best with the auto was 2.0 (stock everything)

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread