97 cobra vs 02 firehawk & 04 g35

Dubbnasty

Carolina Mountain Snake
Established Member
Doing some yard work with a friend at his house when another friend dropped by. I needed to make a run across town to pick up some paperwork so we all figured it'd be a good night for us to cruise around for a minute. First run was in front of my house with my buddies 02 Firehawk. The road isn't long enough for a good roll but at least a decent pull. So we go from a dig. We launch even & are basically nose to nose through 1st & 2nd gears for me. Neither of us can barely find traction being it is night & really cold. Monkey nuts cold. I hit 3rd & run it too redline. I let out & he has about a half car on me. His car is all stock low miles & very sweet. I think they only made a lil north of 800 for that year..... The other runs where all from a 20 roll with a 04 g35. Some slip on exhaust not exactly sure & a cai. First run I let out at end of 3rd & had a lil more than a car length on him. But he wants another cause he left his traction control on. Second run he misses 2nd. 3rd we have the firehawk friend give a 1 2 3 on it instead of 3 honks while riding with the g35. I miss the jump he bumps out to 3/4 car lead. Maybe the traction control helped him, maybe not but when I let out hitting 4th a had a car on him. The last 1 the rider was with me & the road was longer. 20 roll I go up to 120 & it was over 2 car lengths from what my friend said. Overall a fun night. He let me drive his g35 while he drove my cobra. It wasn't that bad. I gained a lil more respect for those tonight. Jus a lil tho.

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
So what are the cliff notes? You beat the G35 everytime and lost to the hawk each time from a dig and roll?

Sent from my tuna boat note using Tapatalk 2

Dubbnasty

Carolina Mountain Snake
Established Member
Yea I reckon that could be how I say it went. The g35 owner does talk a lot about how mustangs over populate the car world so it felt pretty good to do that to him. I figured the firehawk would walk on me once I hit 3rd though, we have been wanting to see since we went to pick it up from Chicago this summer. And I wish we coulda did a low roll tonight but just didnt happen.

Nemesis S281

Established Member
So lets see...monkey nuts cold, racing, in front if your house, the road isn't long enough, redline in third gear...really?

Dubbnasty

Carolina Mountain Snake
Established Member
4.30's, BBK cai, alum driveshaft & a short throw is about it. All done by previous owner. I live on a back road just outside of city limits. There are houses but not on the short stretch in front of the house. 3rd gear is as fast as I wanna go right there. Not all were in the same spot & the timing wasn't the best but its what we had time for.

S8ER01Z

Established Member
What does your 3rd gear end at? The firehawk should be hitting 103 top of 3rd...was just trying to figure out the speeds. Sounds like about an 1/8th mile run if your hitting where I think you are.

Dubbnasty

Carolina Mountain Snake
Established Member
All these runs were not in residential neighborhoods with decent straights on backroads. The long run we did was maybe a mile straight. I wouldn't have did it if their were questions. I might redline around 95 or so. He does have better tires on the hawk. I helped him pick it up when we drove it back to NC. I knew basically what was gonna happen. If we got better launches I might have him by a nose thru 2nd but past that its gonna be a steady walk for him.

Dubbnasty

Carolina Mountain Snake
Established Member
IMAG1754.jpg

Prey4Me

Another H&C LS1
Established Member

This pic reminds me of my hawk and my friends white '98 cobra. Just to clarify, there were 1501 firehawks made in 2002, and your friends is 1 of 540 to come in onyx black. Kinda surprised to see some firehawk love on here. :beer:

Dubbnasty

Carolina Mountain Snake
Established Member
I do have a offroad x and magnacats. And even though I don't care to own 1 the trans ams around those years look mean with the hoods & put down impressive power. Hawks are even nicer with their rarity.

blkvenm97

Established Member
nice runs! I had a 97 cobra with 4.10 gears, k&n drop in, offroad h and flows and otherwise stock...I went against an 02 firehawk t/a a few years back when i owned it. his was auto and all stock except catback of some kind. He pulled a car out of the hole because of traction issues for me (near bald tires...dumb me) and stayed exactly the same for the rest of the ran and we ran it basically through a quarter mile. did the same race twice with the same results. not long after that I got nitto drag radials and wanted to re run him but he turned me down because his "tires were bald"....hmmmm....

Users who are viewing this thread