JLT CAI

Him :

2009 Challenger R/T-auto
20" wheel w/275
CAI
Catback
Tuner

20 roll

I spin he stays 1 car ahead and pulling slightly.

40 roll

He pulls on me to 100mph, ends up 1 car ahead.

Tried a Run from a stop and I spun thru 1st and 2nd eased into 3rd and went back to the office. Was a fun death :beer:

Supercharger should be here in "7 to 10 days"

cobracide

Established Member
The stock wheels 275 and poor traction management is hurting you. Add full tube headers, port the lower intake, tune. Cams would follow. Get 10.5" rims and 315's for the back like now.

Last edited:

golfcartracerx

Established Member
Thanks!!

Wheels & tires are def next on the menu. Then suspension. Then lots of flowers, gifts and back rubs so she doesnt cut my nuts off in my sleep.

I plan on taking it easy when the s/c is on until i get the proper shoes. Even when I had my turbo civic I never raced. Its to hard to control my adrenaline when racing so I don't .=-) This race wasnt anything serious just me and a good friend from work messin around.

aloo1

Established Member
what sc are you planning to go with? keeping your 4.30's with your sc? what numbers are you trying to hit?
thanks,
alan

golfcartracerx

Established Member
I ordered the V3 SQ kit, no intercooler.

Keeping the 430's until I get a 10 or 11" wheel and then will decide if I wanna stick with them.

400-450 is all I want which my tuner said shouldnt be a problem

SVT-DADDY

Established Member
I ordered the V3 SQ kit, no intercooler.

Keeping the 430's until I get a 10 or 11" wheel and then will decide if I wanna stick with them.

400-450 is all I want which my tuner said shouldnt be a problem

More power is always more fun than more traction!

You will see 400 easy. Mine made like 470 with a Novi 2000 and 8psi...and eventually made 620 before I sold her.

swaftom

Established Member
Isn't an intercooler kinda mandatory if you are supercharging and live in TX? I'm in OK and my tuner made it seem like in the hellfire summers, you have to run an intercooler, or really turn it down on the boost front. Interested to see how it performs in the TX heat.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Should be fine non intercooled. I believe the 97 Cobra we have on. 8PSI vortech s trim, it made 445whp or somewhere near there. Car runs good, just hate those 4:10s on it. I would recommend 3:73s with the power adder.

MACHXLR8

Third Member
Established Member
Not a bad run man! From what it sounds like though, you should have been right next to him if you could have gotten some traction. I am sure those 4.30s are not helping you out too much on your launch though.

I had similar problem when I put in my 4.10s. I was blowing off the tires in 2nd let alone in 1st gear. I ended up putting in Steeda lowering springs w/CC plates, UPR tubular upper and lower control arms and a set of Nittos 555R drag radials as a normal driving tire. Now, even with my 2-Step set at 3500 rpms, I can get excellant traction from a dig and even better traction if I bring the air pressure down to 20psi. Look into this because it will only get worse when you put the SC in. :beer:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread