97 cobra stalling problem

Sn95BlackSnake

Hey hopefully someond can give my mechanic and I some advice on my 97 cobras stalling problem. I have a 97 cobra with 57,000 miles. I bought the car 2 weeks ago. It has 4.10 gears, high flow cats, h-pipe, new tranny and king cobra clutch.

Last friday I started the car up with no problem. While it was idiling the car seemed to be burping a little. I got in the car and was letting it warm up when the burping got a little more noticable and the idle got rough. I tried giving it a little gas and it stalled out. Now the car wont stay idiling for more than a few seconds. If i would try to give it any gas while it was idiling it stalled instantly. I ended up getting it towed to my friends shop. When it got off the tow truck it oddly started right up. My friend thought it was the fuel pump so we replaced it. When it was done I drove it about 5 miles. I was cruising in 5th gear when it felt like the gas pedal wasnt giving the car any fuel. I was about to pull off to the side of the road but then it kicked back in. So i found a parking lot a mile up the road and pulled off. I sat and let it idle for a few minutes. It was burping some. Then it stalled. Same thing again. Wont stay idle and cuts off if you try and give it gas. After this I let the car sit for 45 min before I tried again. It started up. So I tried to make it back to my friends shop. I made it about a mile before it stalled. So my friend picked me up and we let it sit for 2 hours. Then we went back to try it again and this time it made it back to the shop.

Thats my story. Hopefully someone here can help us out!

Last edited:

Sn95BlackSnake

No we will be changing the fuel filter tommorow. Thanks for the suggestions!

Anybody else with some more ideas would be appreciated!!

Users who are viewing this thread