97 cobra shortblock

mgmoles30

Established Member
I have a 97 cobra shortblock for sale. The motor had around 90000 miles on it. I had it supercharged for around 1000 miles. The car was dyno tuned. I realized after I got home that the belt had been slipping pretty bad. I converted to 8 rib setup, along with thump racing belt tensioner and idler. needless to say my boost jumped around 4 lbs, and I lost most of the compression in number 7 cylinder. The car made no noises, just noticed the next day that I had a puff of smoke that would come from exhaust, along with a slight miss. I immediately did a compression test on all 8 cylinders. every cylinder except number 7 was right around 180 psi , with number 7 being 30 psi. I just pulled motor out, and I'm waiting on my built motor from mmr. I debated shipping my block and crank, but didn't want to ship it. so needless to say, I have a teksid shortblock with the forged crank for sale. I haven't opened it up yet, but plan on it this weekend. I would say that the block and crank are good, but block will prob just need bored .020 and honed. If anyone is interested shoot me an email.

Users who are viewing this thread