97 Cobra PATS system

SnkBit

Established Member
I need to bypass my PATS system on my car. I dont know if my ignition switch is going bad or what, but sometimes(well now its just about every time i get in to go somewhere) it doesnt see that I have a key with a computer chip in the ignition and immediately shuts off the car. :cuss: This thing is really startin to pi$$ me off, Is there any other way besides a chip or computer reflash to turn off this system. I have an aftermarket alarm with starter kill features, so im not worried about security. Need help ASAP! Thanks in advance.

SnkBit

DOHC9-7

Established Member
How was your pats disabled in order to use an alarm? was a key put in by the ignition or was a programmer used?

COBRASVT

Established Member
DOHC9-7 said:
How was your pats disabled in order to use an alarm? was a key put in by the ignition or was a programmer used?

He said starter kill...not a remote start. No bypass needed.

Sounds like your key is going bad....do you have a spare? If not, get one, program it and try it. You need a spare anyway.

Good luck,
EJ

SnkBit

Established Member
The PATS wasnt disabled to use the new alarm. But i do have remote start too. My brother is a factory authorized and trained installer by DEI, and he intsalled my alarm, DEI makes a bypass module for bypassing the PATS for the remote start, but im having the problem when i start it with my keys.

But that has nothing to do with my turning off my PATS system. Thats what im asking. And its not my key, i already tried my spare, same thing. Again, any help is greatly appreciated.

SnkBit

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
try disconnecting the neg. terminal on the battery for 20 minutes.
simply doing that may help you out. it should reset the PATS

cobraracer46

Banned
SnkBit said:
DEI makes a bypass module for bypassing the PATS

SnkBit
The "module" that DEI makes to bypass the pats is nothing more than a key with cut off blade that is taped to the PATS transponder in the steering column :lol: BY the way, why would any one let a butcher, otherwise known as an alarm system installer hack up their car and f u c k u p an excellent anti theft system such as PATS for a piece of shit aftermarket alarm system with an obnoxious horn and a stupid ass key fob that you have to f u c k with a million times just to start your car? :burn:

SnkBit

Established Member
listen hear asswipe, just because you dont like aftermarket alarm systems, doesnt mean that nobody else does! So how bout keep you stupid ass coments to yourself! I posted this question for help, if your not going to help then mind your own business and dont bother wasting my, or anybody elses time on this forum!

Oh and that "Module" is not taped to the steering column, Yes, it is a chip like the factory puts in the keys. But its a little more complicated than that. Obviously you dont know what your talking about, So **** off!

I dont know what kind of installers you have seen, but if thats what they do, then I wouldnt call them installers. Go to a real stereo or alarm shop and ask them how they do it, see if they tape anything to the column, but then you might be proved wrong, so dont bother!

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
SnkBit said:
Go to a real stereo or alarm shop and ask them how they do it, see if they tape anything to the column, but then you might be proved wrong, so dont bother!

why don't YOU go to your REAL alarm/stereo shop and ask them the questions that you are asking us. since you don't want to listen to/hear our replies :shrug:

monkeyspunk79

A Van Down by the River.
Established Member
:nonono: Play nice or go home guys. :nonono:

BTW- I've had problems with the Anti-Theft going off with my AutoLogic chip in the car. I unplugged it from the ECM and its been fine ever since. Some aftermarket tunes have been known to mess with the PATS system.

You running a chip?

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
i AM playing nice.
this guy is telling someone else to go to a stereo shop and ask questions.

why doesnt he go ask his questions at his "real" stereo shop and ask his questions if he doesnt like our answers

SnkBit

Established Member
I would if they knew anyting about the PATS system, but they dont. I posted on here how to bypass it, but if you dont have any helpful info for me, then dont bother posting. Your stupid comemments arent solving the problems that Im having. So please dont respond if your not going to be helpful.

Oh and BTW, the only answers I didnt like were the ones you were giving. because you have given nothing but useless info, and your opinion; which wont solve my problem either.

So back on topic: No im not running a chip. If i had the money for a tuner then i would go that route, but being right after Christmas, money is tight right now. Any other ideas?

Users who are viewing this thread