97 cobra motor rebuild ?.................

blue02svt

Established Member
I HAVE A 1997 COBRA AND THE MOTOR STARTED TO MAKE NOISE AND SMOKE, SO I PULLED IT AND NOW IM LOOKING FOR A REASONABLE PRICED SHOP TO REBUILD IT. I HAVE THE PISTONS ,RODS AND BEARINGS FROM SHM MOTORSPORTS. I WAS WONDERING WHAT ALL I SHOULD GET DONE TO IT? I AM ALSO GETTING THE HEADS WORKED TO THE MAX AND PUTTING IN NEW VALVES AND VALVE SPRINGS.WHAT ELSE CAN BE DONE? I LIVE IN ST. LOUIS MISSOURI .
I WANT TO KEEP THE MOTOR AROUND ME TO GET BUILT. BUT I WILL SEND ELSE WHERE. I THANK WHOM EVER CAN HELP ME OUT WITH A RESPONSE.:bash:

Wildpony

Established Member
I would go to Rick Anderson in, (i believe) Clinton Illinois. GO to www.Andersonfordmotorsport.com and you can get more info. He is probably the best one that is close by you. I don't know how close you are to him though.
I would have him do the ported intake/shortened runners to match up w/ your ported heads.
Good Luck.

97 horse snake

Established Member
how much are you willing to spend? cause if you're doing all the internals anyway and have the extra cash, i would go with one of those stroker kits. bumps the cubes to 302. you can choose from a couple different compression ratios depending on if you're going to stay n/a or go forced induction. don't know about the gains, but that's just what i would do.

Users who are viewing this thread