97 Cobra... Looking for some instructions on installing a temp. guage

robby5323

Established Member
I have been lurking for a while and learing as much as I can... I am looking to install a temperature guage in my 1997 Cobra. I have used the search function, but I am coming up short on any instructions or a how-to.... I will probably just go with an electrical unit, since I believe that would be the easiest route. Can someone give me a little insight on the install...? For instance, where to tap into for the signal, power, ect...?

Thanks

Rob

Gringo185

2nd Civ Div
Established Member
subscribing

Edit: BTW, welcome to the site. I spend my of my time in Road Side and the other "restaurants" but this is defintitely the place to come for info on our cars. These guys seriously know their stuff and have saved me a lot if money.

:beer:

Last edited:

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
I would suggest a different location for the sensor.

There is a coolant drain plug in the driver's side cylinder head. You have to be under the car to see it. Unless you've drained your coolant, you're going to get wet with this next part. Pull the plug out and the Autometer sensor will be a direct fit (mine was anyway). It's tucked up out of the way and will eliminate any extra, unsightly wires running visibly through your engine bay.

Last edited:

robby5323

Established Member
I would suggest a different location for the sensor.

There is a coolant drain plug in the driver's side cylinder head. You have to be under the car to see it. Unless you've drained your coolant, you're going to get wet with this next part. Pull the plug out and the Autometer sensor will be a direct fit (mine was anyway). It's tucked up out of the way and will eliminate any extra, unsightly wires running visibly through your engine bay.

Thanks, I was trying to figure out the best place to install the sensor. I'll look into this location.

Users who are viewing this thread