97 Cobra keys got stolen...

dkblue98gt

Established Member
Some assholes broke into my house today and stole my wife's extra car key and the keys to my Cobra.

To Make it worse they came back and stole my wifes car later in the evening...

My Cobra is still locked in the garage but now I have no keys or fob to unlock it and turn off the alarm

Any suggestions for getting around PATS and getting it going again?

I am going to call the Ford dealer later today

Thanks!

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
you're gonna have to deal with them having the keys to the car at some point...

The PATS issue has 2 options - 1) have ford or a locksmith that knows whats going on cut you new keys and program them. I recommend have 3 keys and 1 put in a safe place, if you ever lose one you still have 2, all you have to do it buy a blank on ebay to have cut then you can program them yourself. 2) If you have a tuner have them send you a tune with PATS disabled.

shurur

Established Member
Mobile locksmith and new keys as mentioned above..then..
Ravelco immediately

Last edited:

dkblue98gt

Established Member
Still trying to connect with someone fro Pop a loc. Website says they can do transponder keys so we'll see. Changed the locks got cameras with motion detection that will alert our phones. I have my daily driver Jetta parked in front of the garage until the Cobra gets new keys.

I hate theives...

dkblue98gt

Established Member
Getiing the car going again was a lot easier than I thought. It took the Pop a lock guy about an hour to get into the car and have new keys made. Now the old key will not start the car so I don't have to worry about it being driven away... I had to order new remotes. It wasn't nearly as expensive as I thought it would be.

My drivers side door lock was damaged a couple of years ago when some other A-hole tried to steal my car out of the driveway in the middle of the night. I bought new door locks a while back from LMR but I still need to install them.

It's a bummer that some people are so willing to steal your stuff but that is the world we live in...

I wish I had known earlier how easy it is to get new keys and fobs since my car only came with one.

hotcobra03

Established Member
Getiing the car going again was a lot easier than I thought. It took the Pop a lock guy about an hour to get into the car and have new keys made. Now the old key will not start the car so I don't have to worry about it being driven away... I had to order new remotes. It wasn't nearly as expensive as I thought it would be.

My drivers side door lock was damaged a couple of years ago when some other A-hole tried to steal my car out of the driveway in the middle of the night. I bought new door locks a while back from LMR but I still need to install them.

It's a bummer that some people are so willing to steal your stuff but that is the world we live in...

I wish I had known earlier how easy it is to get new keys and fobs since my car only came with one.

Fob can be done by you.

Manual has instructions. Easy.

Users who are viewing this thread