97 cobra how much hp

svt97cobr4

Established Member
How much hp would y'all say my car has?? Any idea?
Mods=
JBA Shorties
Catted bassani xpipe
Magnaflow mufflers
JLT Ram Air Intake
Plasma Booster

Future mods =
4:10 gears
Mgw sts
Accel coil packs
Full subframe connectors

If y'all could let me know how much hp I have now and how much I would have with the future mods, thanks!

96S/Cobra

Established Member
First off wth is a plasma booster? Without taking that into account, you probably have 280 (+\-5) rwhp. Your future mods listed won't add any power. Now if your car is running bad and you need new coil packs then that could cause it to be down on power a bit, but get oem coil packs, not accel, msd, etc.

svt97cobr4

Established Member
First off wth is a plasma booster? Without taking that into account, you probably have 280 (+\-5) rwhp. Your future mods listed won't add any power. Now if your car is running bad and you need new coil packs then that could cause it to be down on power a bit, but get oem coil packs, not accel, msd, etc.

It's supposed to give you a little extra torque came with the car and read about it online

4valved

Banned
How do people not know that the stock hp ratings are flywheel hp numbers, the stock whp numbers are usually low 270s

NVRL8TE

Death or Glory
Established Member
Mine. With an off road x pipe and straight through mufflers.

1A81BF33-00D4-4096-8CBC-1B60B551EE6E-310-000000176EA531AF_zps8a1afd0b.jpg

Hybbs

Established Member
There are so many variables that go into a dyno pull. Outside temp. and humidity. What is your elevation? Mileage and condition of engine...etc. etc. Go to a good tuner and have them spin it on the rollers. You can pull pretty impressive numbers just from a good tune.

fast02gt

Established Member
You are probably about 280 or so like everyone is saying. Like mentioned before, there are a lot of things that come into play when you are on the dyno. Put it on the rollers and see what it does. Oh and what the hell is a plasma booster? LOL:shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread