97 Cobra feels like Jake brake after SCT tune

jawsgt

Established Member
I just purchased a new SCT tuner over the weekend and installed their race tune. i noticed immediately that on decel in every gear that it was normal for a few seconds and then WAM the engine gets noticably louder and it feels like a hit the jake brake switch lol. I re installed the stock tune and it was fine again so what in the tune could be causing this?

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
it's called coasting fuel shutoff- and I don't think you can change it with your handheld. in the prp software however you can tune it anyway you like

Mustang Matt

Established Member
it's called coasting fuel shutoff- and I don't think you can change it with your handheld. in the prp software however you can tune it anyway you like

That's interesting. One of my cars does this and I always hated it. I've got PRP, I'll dig around to see if I can find related settings. To keep it from sounding like that what do you do? Just taper off the coasting fuel shutoff a bit slower?

Ciotti

See-ahh-tee
Established Member
I know on the new Mustangs, the stock tunes have a ton of timing advance dialed in on deceleration so the autocross and track day guys have that removed in their tunes so that the revs don't hang in between shifts, maybe your tune is doing the same thing?

Last edited:

AZSN95SNAKE

Established Member
Interesting mine does the same when tuned. The RPM's hang hardcore and it sounds throaty but I don't see how it helps me any.

Sn8kebitten

Established Member
Mine does the same thing on decel from 3000 down. It started doing that after I put an Offroad X on it. Stock tune though.

Users who are viewing this thread