97-98 z28 vs my 03 Cobra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Camaroguy22

Slow LT1 Driver
Established Member
JMD0346 said:
I still dont believe 110-111. I just dont see the power being there to run that. Especially not on a SS. They are usually loaded are they not? Anything can happen i guess but thats pushing it. You posted earlier that "he said" he was stock. I have a few buddys that needed 100-125 shots on exhaust, cai, t/b cars to run those kind of traps.

What??? Are you trying to say an LS1 needs a 100-125 shot to trap 110-111? Let alone with other mods?? If you are, that is just absurd.

I am not much for the 110-111 traps stock either, seems a little high for me. Best i have ever heard of was 108-109. Just because i havent heard about it
doesnt mean it hasnt happend i guess.

Camaroguy22

Slow LT1 Driver
Established Member
Tom's_03SVT said:
in that guys defense, he's like 17...lol. I think he's allowed to be childish.

for the record i dont think your car is ugly.

Thank you! Looks like you have a real sweet car too. You should get a pic up!!

Last edited:

01midnightss

Established Member
JMD0346 said:
I still dont believe 110-111. I just dont see the power being there to run that. Especially not on a SS. They are usually loaded are they not? Anything can happen i guess but thats pushing it. You posted earlier that "he said" he was stock. I have a few buddys that needed 100-125 shots on exhaust, cai, t/b cars to run those kind of traps.

Look I dont care if you believe me or not. I do not come on the internet and post bs like a lot people do. I had saw it with my own two eyes. And it was an older guy, I dont think that he would lie to make himself feel better about himself or his car. I had trapped 109 before in my 01 Camaro when it was stock, so I new if he had a strong car and could drive it was possible that he was hitting 110 in his 02 Camaro that he bought straight from the "Dealership" with a Lid and CB Exhaust.
And if your buddies needed a 100-125 shot along with other bolt-ons to boot to hit 110-111 trap speeds they either A) Have something seriously wrong with their car, B) Cannot drive for shit, or C) Have a NOS setup which sucks Donkey Balls.

Last edited:

2000_LS1

Banned
JMD0346 said:

I would say 9 of 10 are "loaded" but there are a very few that have non-power windows, cloth vs. leather, non-power mirrors etc...so no it isn't a standard option. And I would say that it isn't unusual to "assume" that they are all loaded since a majority are...FYI.

2000_LS1

Banned
Tom's 03 SVT: Are you saying that ANY "SS", since it came from SLP, is not "factory?

My arguement would be that since the "SLP SS" could have been bought from the factory it should be considered a "stock" car.

I could see where the "intimidator SS" would not be considered a "factory car".

And to the guy that was referring to a KBSVT Cobra, what about the imtimidator, the zl-1 427cid, balckbirds, berger SS's, GMMG, and the like...there are a few more that have 375-625 hp..."STOCK" from their respective factories.

Last edited:

JMD0346

Established Member
Camaroguy22 said:
What??? Are you trying to say an LS1 needs a 100-125 shot to trap 110-111? Let alone with other mods?? If you are, that is just absurd.

I am not much for the 110-111 traps stock either, seems a little high for me. Best i have ever heard of was 108-109. Just because i havent heard about it
doesnt mean it hasnt happend i guess.

Nope. I said a few buddys i have needed it. Not all LS1's would need it but guess what. Some do. Thats the problem these days. Everybody wants to argue with facts/opinions they read on the internet. Dont believe most of this crap on here and dont believe most of the crap people "tell" you at the track. The best way to get some factual info is to live it. Thats a generalization and not directed at you. I have no idea what your experience is. I just think some people forget that there different styles of f-body. You could get a really light weight stripper 6 speed or a heavy loaded out auto SS.

2000_LS1

Banned
In 1969 Fred Gibb of Gibb Chevrolet teamed up with GM's Vince Piggins to create the ultimate Muscle Car - the ZL1 Camaro. Sixty-nine of the all-Aluminum 427's were built with one purpose in mind - to win at the drag strips. Today those cars are traded among collectors who couldn't afford the $7200. price of a new one in 1969, but who have reached income levels in their prime years that allow them to pay in the $400,000. range today. The mystic of those cars and their collector value spawned a novel idea within GM's Camaro Brand Team when it was announced that the Camaro was to be phased out - why not do it again! And they did do it, through a contract with GMMG to build 60 ZL1 Super Cars with a choice of 3 engines. The car featured for sale here is #03 and is one of the 42 Phase III Cars built which has the highest horsepower engine option - 600 HP from a small block 427 CID all aluminum C5R race engine. The gentleman who first owned this car also owned the original 1969 #03 ZL1, which was the same color (Daytona Yellow). What a pair of beautiful cars he had for awhile! No, we don't have the 1969 ZL1 available and do not know its location!! Some of the additional specifications on this #03 Phase III Super Car are: Stock 6-Speed Camaro Transmission with Hurst short throw shifter, 4:10 Positraction Rear, Tube Headers, Electric Exhaust Bypass (Cut-Out), Chambered After-Cat Exhaust, Eibach Lowering Springs (1.5 inch front and rear), Penske Double-adjustable Shocks (Front & Rear), Modified Sway Bars (Front & Rear), Corvette Z06 Front & Rear Calipers, 18" Cragar Chrome Wheels, Custom White Leather Seats, 6-Point Roll Cage, and a Hurst Line Lock. Talk about an exciting car to drive, with everything to offer - outstanding performance on pump gas, great handling, gasoline economy, air conditioned, etc. Run on down to the local dragstrip and beat them all, with the Air Conditioner running too!!

NUFF SAID?!?!?!

Tom's_03SVT

Established Member
2000_LS1 said:
Tom's 03 SVT: Are you saying that ANY "SS", since it came from SLP, is not "factory?

My arguement would be that since the "SLP SS" could have been bought from the factory it should be considered a "stock" car.

I could see where the "intimidator SS" would not be considered a "factory car".

And to the guy that was referring to a KBSVT Cobra, what about the imtimidator, the zl-1 427cid, balckbirds, berger SS's, GMMG, and the like...there are a few more that have 375-475 hp..."STOCK".

no, what I'm saying is factory SS's from SLP were 325hp cars. the 345HP package is a donaldson lid and CME or D/D exhaust. those arent factory options on every car SS or firehawk.

2000_LS1

Banned
Tom's_03SVT said:
no, what I'm saying is factory SS's from SLP were 325hp cars. the 345HP package is a donaldson lid and CME or D/D exhaust. those arent factory options on every car SS or firehawk.

If I am not mistaken...all of the 35th's had the exhaust and lid, but the springs/suspension were an option. Would that change your mind?

DSG2003SVT

Gray only, please
Established Member
Tom's_03SVT said:
not to split hairs but, the 345HP is a SLP option not GM.

so actually it wouldnt be "factory stock"

however i have seen the "Stripper" Z28 trap 110.

Not to split more hairs, but isn't the cobra from svt kinda along the same line as the ss and ws6 from slp? After all, it IS just a hopped up GT with a cool interior :D JK. I love my car, but they DID have to supercharge the cobras because they just weren't good enough competition from ls1s in NA trim. I feel that calling an ss stock is fair in that light.

2000_LS1: PM please, got some unrelated ?s

Last edited:

n2knee

Established Member
2000_LS1 said:
Why you puttin works in my mouth? I didn't bitch about not having one...I just said that it is another mod that we have...and the cobra doesn't that option, they already have it...duh.

there is an option there buddy. it's called the KB swap.

Last edited:

Tom's_03SVT

Established Member
2000 LS1,

if you get down to brass tack you really can use the words Factory and stock in the same sentence with the SS and Firehawks. they were sent from the factory to SLP with no hood or spoilers. they were give the RAM air hoods, exhaust, gears, spoiler,badges there. so i guess if you want to call it dealer stock that thats something i can agree with. SS and Fire hawks are not made at any ponitac or GM factory. they are a dealer SLP preped car sold at the dealerships.

http://members.cardomain.com/69cam502hp

take look here. Im not bashing LS1 cars.

JMD0346

Established Member
I dont see the point in arguing over whats "factory stock" and whats not. We arent buying these things form the factory. We are buying them from dealerships. How they sell them is how they come. Thats why they all have there own designations. Cobra, SS, Saleen, Roush, SLP 345hp blah blah. Not just Camaro and mustang.

Tom's_03SVT

Established Member
2000_LS1 said:
If I am not mistaken...all of the 35th's had the exhaust and lid, but the springs/suspension were an option. Would that change your mind?

nope they didnt. the "stock" 35ths Annv. (with the graphic package is what youre talking about right).

they were dual single exhaust and factory baffled air lid cars.

they did get nicer seats and interior upgrades, and a sweet 35th annv. trohpy mat, portfolio, and owners kit.($2500 value).

Tom

2000_LS1

Banned
Tom's_03SVT said:
2000 LS1,

if you get down to brass tack you really can use the words Factory and stock in the same sentence with the SS and Firehawks. they were sent from the factory to SLP with no hood or spoilers. they were give the RAM air hoods, exhaust, gears, spoiler,badges there. so i guess if you want to call it dealer stock that thats something i can agree with. SS and Fire hawks are not made at any ponitac or GM factory. they are a dealer SLP preped car sold at the dealerships.

http://members.cardomain.com/69cam502hp

take look here. Im not bashing LS1 cars.

Ummmm, not bashing but... no gears all 6 speeds have 3.42's, all auto have 3.73, 3.23, or 2.73 I believe (not too suer about the autos), the hoods were BARELY functional...they MIGHT be good for 3-4 horsepower. But on the other hand...the badges did gove 30-40 over the stock z-28's...lol j/k.

2000_LS1

Banned
Tom's_03SVT said:
nope they didnt. the "stock" 35ths Annv. (with the graphic package is what youre talking about right).

they were dual single exhaust and factory baffled air lid cars.

they did get nicer seats and interior upgrades, and a sweet 35th annv. trohpy mat, portfolio, and owners kit.($2500 value).

Tom

Where are you getting this info from? Send a link please, thanks alot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread