96 Z28 A4 vs 99 Mustang GT 5spd

S8ER01Z

Established Member
Figured I would post this up in case the guy is on here. The Camaro LOST (before I get tore up by fanboys)

We were out in the GFs 96 Z28 (Auto with 2:73s, CAI and a muffler) and a 99 Gt rolled up next to us. As far as I know the car has CAI, exhaust and a gear (don't know what gear may not have a gear at all).

We have 3 riding in the Z28 and he had 2.

Light turns green.. (I think both drivers here were asleep and I was in back yelling at the GF to get her ass moving)... Off the line we spin some (235/40R16s suck) and the Gt pulls past us until she hits 2nd gear (which is like 50mph I think)... after that he is just barely creeping and we let out around 80mph with him a half car length ahead of us.

(This is where it gets kinda funny....)

We slowed up a bit to talk and I told him her car ran a 14.4 @ 98mph (I hate those gears).. and asked what he ran. He wouldn't tell me... so I asked again. He replied "I trapped 106mph"..and I said "What was your ET?" ... all I got back was "I trapped 106mph". :dw: So I said I would bring my LS1 out to play sometime if he wanted and he said "you can't beat me I trapped 106mph"... then said he had a 13.2 car and my 13.4 was too slow.

I am at a loss of words here... unless he has more mods than I know about or the LT1 suddenly runs in the 13s how did he only beat us by half a car length? I know when I race the LT1 in my car its well over by 40mph and It gets worse every moment the race goes on. Thoughts?

95blowncobra

95blowncobra
Established Member
just runnin his mouth. Just forget about him. He just thought he was cool cause he got to race. I wouldnt even call that a loss man!

S8ER01Z

Established Member
Naw we lost fair and sqaure...honestly even with a great launch he should by all rights be able to take a 14.4 car. No shame there. :)

S8ER01Z

Established Member
Enh...buddy is back from Iraq on leave and I fit in the back of the camaro a little easier than him. No biggie I ride in the front of an Fbody every single day.

Users who are viewing this thread