96 Vortech Cobra Track Times?

slo-GT

Established Member
Okay my best friend has a 96 Cobra with the following mods i may be missing some but this is what I can remember off the top of my head. Vortech S-trim @9psi, FMU with t-rex pump, dyno tuned, full bolt ons, tko 600 tranny, aluminum driveshaft, Moser Locker differential with 31 Spline axels, 3.73 gears, subframe connectors, caster camber plates, eibach suspension, 17 deep dish bullits with 315 sumitumo tires that don't hook for crap. The car has 430rwhp. He street races the hell out of it but has never took it to the track.......so I was wondering if you guys could tell me what it would do at the track? If he got a great launch could it break into the 11's if so how low.....just tell me what you think it can do i've been wondering a long time.

98_cobra

N/A SnAkE
Established Member
Just have him go out to the track and try a few runs. We all can sit around and play guessing games all day, but its up to him to go out and see what the car can do.

Quick96Mystic

Mystiiiiic wowww
Established Member
Mid 11's if the car is polished and waxed :coolman:

(That's a joke btw...)

Chrome98Cobra said:
^With a shitty driver.
If he can hook up at the track and drive the hell outa it, high 11's are definitely possible.

NOTASTOCKDOHC

Established Member
Tell you'r friend to get rid of the FMU and get a custom dyno tune, I heard the fmu isn't good enough for a 4.6 dohc. I'm not running a fmu with my vortech set up. I say he should run high 11 very low 12's in the 1/4th, that s from what I have read. I haven't had mine to the 1/4th yet.

BMF42

Drive it like u STOLE IT
Established Member
slo-GT said:
he has quite a bit of trouble on the launch.....he needs some practice.......

He should go and practice then. Its alot of fun and I havent ran into alot of guys that have a blower, and have never been to the TRACK:uh oh:

19mustang95 said:
low to mid 12s since his 60' is gonna be 2.2+

LOL a 2.2!!!! Thats funny

SVTStrikesBack

Last One Standing
Established Member
Very low 12's, high 11's with decent driving. If he's running mid 12's on that thing, you should harass him constantly. I have seen 360 rwhp cars run low 12's high 11's, so unless his torque production is abyssmal, he should be able to get a 11.7 out of it.

Look at it this way, the Terminators can run mid 12's with 360-380 rwhp stock, so with another 50-70 more rwhp, he should be able to do it. And, yes, I know they are probaly going to be putting out more torque, but he has a significant gearing advantage, and the wieght difference, coupled with the gearing should cancel out ANY advantage an 03/04 would have in torque production.

Users who are viewing this thread