96 supercharged cobra FT(needs work)

DoinWork

Established Member
I am looking for an even trade. Preferably a 4x4 ext cab truck.
I just don't want to deal with the hassle of being without a car. I don't have anything else to drive if I sell it outright.
I love the car and had my mind dead set on fixing everything for the longest time and getting a hydraulic clutch conversion. I have a small hip alignment issue and it is causing me to bodybuild unsymmetrical an I want to compete so that is really the main reason I am getting rid of it because this stiff clutch is just making it harder to realign my hips IMO. I'm also finally starting school soon and just don't have the time or money to deal with it. I will have to come back to my love for cars at a later time.
The good:
Vortech S-Trim super charger, 42lbs ford racing injectors, the rear control arms are x2c, they are no longer made, the springs are steeda super lights, the computer has a chip in it that was burned with a super safe tune by ken bjonnes at modular depot. As long as the tune is right, the 93 oct gas is always used, and no detonation occurs, it should be fine for a long time. It has 03-04 chrome cobra replica's 10.5" out back and 9" in the front with 315 street radials in the back and 245s in the front. The tires have about 60-70% tread all around. It has auto meter phantom boost and air/fuel gauges on a pillar, a pro 5.0 shifter, 3.73 gears and I'm sure there is more I am forgetting. The car does have a 12" sub and amp that I will most likely be keeping depending on what trades come my way. I will leave it in there long enough for who ever to hear what it sounds like with it in there. I will leave the head unit though which is a pretty decent JVC mp3 CD player. I also have the stock radio that will come with the car. The factory cd player is still there.
So on to the bad:
Unfortunately I slid off the road in some bad weather last year and dented up the fender and quarter panel on the passenger side. It is not horrible and I actually still get compliments on it all the time and usually have to explain to people it's wrecked when they are looking right at the bad side.
The car also needs a rear abs sensor.
The T-Rex pump that came with the supercharger kit went out and I replaced it with a walbro 255 because a lack of funds, which is obviously not good enough because it will hit fuel cut and wide open throttle around 5400RPM ever since. 3/4 throttle and it still hauls ass, but it does need that T-Rex pump.
It also needs a driver seat switch, driver side tail pipe, rear control arm bushings, and the pressure line on the S/C leaks just a little oil, driver seat has a small tear, and the speedo is off just a little because it needs the little gear in the tranny to match up with the 3.73s in the rear end.

I just put a clutch in it about 8k miles ago from KY Clutch. It is supposed to be the equivalent of the king cobra clutch from ford racing. It seems to do just fine.
Put a new battery in it about a month ago too.
I've owned the car for 4 years and been great about changing the oil every 3-4k miles and 90% of the time I use mobile 1 full synthetic.
Supposedly the car made 402rwhp on the super safe tune it is on but I have never had it on the dyno myself.
The odometer reads 148,XXX and I have had it since around 120,XXX. Because of the speedo gear issue, I assume it actually has less miles on the car than what it reads but it is what it is. The speedo has been off since around 98,XXX miles.
The paint on the car has been beautiful and has held up great until the accident, and is actually still holding up good. Frog on here did the work about a year before I got the car I believe.
The car still runs very strong and I still get compliments on it all the time about the way it looks and sounds. Hit me up in a PM with any questions! I am an honest guy and will tell you anything there is to tell about the car that I know. I have got the better of many vettes in the this car but not so much lately because I got into too much trouble back in the day and learned my lessons the hard way. I have grown up since, but it is still very capable of taking care of business. The car has loads of potential and I hate to see it go but it is the best thing for me and the car at this time. I should have done it a long time ago.
The interior is all black btw and over all I'd say the interior is a 7 or 8 out of 10 if it wasn't for the small tear in the driver seat.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Users who are viewing this thread