96 SAI problem. Ideas?

WZL 96

SN95 Wrangler
Established Member
Okay, I've searched and can only find limited information, I have code PO411 which is a Secondary Air Injection malfunction. It has been making a whining noise that goes away when I unplug the pump, so I replaced the pump which didnt do anything, the noise is still there and I checked the old pump out of the car and there is nothing wrong with it. Could it be the diverted valve? Or what else can go wrong on there? Just asking if anyone had any more experience/know how on the SAI than I did.

Thanks guys,

Andrew

And NO I don't want to delete it.

98$vt

i love white girls
Established Member
Is it a slight Humming noise and goes away after like 45 seconds?

jhead55

Established Member
OP here under my dad's account.

98$vt, yeah, it goes away after a little while and stops when the engine is revved.

Last edited:

98$vt

i love white girls
Established Member
OP here under my dad's account.

98$vt, yeah, it goes away after a little while and stops when the engine is revved.

All my lines are deleted, and mine hums for the first little bit after start up. Does yours go away at all? If you take power away from it does the car still make noise

97riocobra2

Established Member
Check your vacuum lines that open and close the diverter valves. I had the same problem and finally found one of my vacuum lines had a hole worn through it.

WZL 96

SN95 Wrangler
Established Member
Check your vacuum lines that open and close the diverter valves. I had the same problem and finally found one of my vacuum lines had a hole worn through it.

I know one of those lines I broke cleaning the IMRC's but i thought i had fixed it. did it make the car throw a code?

97riocobra2

Established Member
I had the p0411 code also. I replaced the air pump and air bypass solenoid, and one of the vacuum lines connected to the diverter valve near the passenger side of the engine bay. Also check to see if all connections are tight within the circuit so that air is not leaking out.

WZL 96

SN95 Wrangler
Established Member
for the record, I pulled the corrugation off the line and one was split from the bottom but not the top so i didn't see it at first. I rigged it together with a tiny tube over each end and the noise stopped so that is fixed.

However, I have read on here that people replace the lines. Does anyone sell pre-bent lines or is everyone just using regular black replacement from the parts store?

Thanks guys, always a big help.

Andrew

Users who are viewing this thread