96 Mystic Terminator

laddanator

Established Member
I just ordered the complete 04 Cobra drivetrain kit to convert my 96 Cobra over. I've been searching for a guy on here with a white 96-98 Cobra that did the complete change over. I'd like to hear from you guys whom have done the conversion. Did you guys do the complete swap (04 PCM and so on) or did most of you stick with the 96 setup?

Geno-04

Established Member
I have a Mach 1 compete conversion swap from mpsaitosalvage. It's everything from an 04 Mach 1. Pretty much the same as an cobra swap but cheaper. So there's nothing left from my 97.

Geno-04

Established Member
Yes, the only thing that is a 97 still is the body. Everything has been redone! Now just trying to decide between a procharger or turbo. Just do everything at once, it will be worth it in the end.

laddanator

Established Member
Yes, the only thing that is a 97 still is the body. Everything has been redone! Now just trying to decide between a procharger or turbo. Just do everything at once, it will be worth it in the end.

Did you use the fuel pumps they sent you in the kit? If so, what pumps did you use? I was thinking while I had the tank out to replace the pumps.

redrocket16

Established Member
TerminatedKami2_zps0a590d0f.jpg

Get ready for a hell of a car after you're done :D

It's not a cheap conversion at all as I am sure you have already encountered with the initial purchase. Some issues you will encounter will be ABS, fuel tank/lines, stock hood hitting the eaton are just some of the issues I came across.

laddanator

Established Member
Redrocket16, did you do the complete conversion using all the 03/04 wiring and so on? Your car looks bad ass by the way!

Geno-04

Established Member
They send you the stock tank, lines, pumps. I would replace it before you install so your not doing it twice.

laddanator

Established Member
They send you the stock tank, lines, pumps. I would replace it before you install so your not doing it twice.

I knew they send all of the fuel stuff, just wondering if I should do a Fore level 1 system or nor. Just curious how many who have done this swap just installed new pumps with the stock system.

redrocket16

Established Member
Redrocket16, did you do the complete conversion using all the 03/04 wiring and so on? Your car looks bad ass by the way!

All wiring is swapped over yes. Tuning was the main reason on switching everything over. Also I went fore level 1 instead of a BAP. Thanks for the compliment!

laddanator

Established Member
All wiring is swapped over yes. Tuning was the main reason on switching everything over. Also I went fore level 1 instead of a BAP. Thanks for the compliment!

I was going to just install two new 255lph pumps instead of the ones they sent with the kit. Is a BAP needed if I'm going "stock 04" fuel setup?

Geno-04

Established Member
Don't go stock, upgrade now. Think about your long term plans for the car.

laddanator

Established Member
Last edited:

Geno-04

Established Member
If I were you I would decide if your gonna need more fuel down the road. Do you need to go return, just upgrade pumps, lines, just boost a pumps.....the list goes on and on. But anything different then stock will be better.

Users who are viewing this thread