'96 Mystic Cobra vs. Hyundai Genesis 2.0T

fast02gt

Established Member
Ran into a new turbo Genesis today on the interstate. Probably one of the cleanest ones I have seen. Slammed to the ground with some gold wheels, single exit exhaust. Looked real clean.

So I'm passing him and he gives it a little so I could hear his blow-off valve I assume. We are going about 60 or so and I hear him come down a gear, I dropped into 3rd and he knocked off 3 beeps we took off and though all of 3rd gear hes only a half car behind me. I power shift into 4th and start to pull away slowly to about a 1 1/2 car lengths, then shut it down at about 115.

Come to find out he was on 22 pounds w/E85! def a cool little car that gave me car a run for it's money! -Side note I was not spraying.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
not bad, sounds pretty expectable with those mods he has against your numbers in sig.

The stock snail on those are garbage from '10-12. The '13s got the Evo twin scroll setup iirc thus the power bump from low to mid 200's stock.

4valved

Banned
not bad, sounds pretty expectable with those mods he has against your numbers in sig.

The stock snail on those are garbage from '10-12. The '13s got the Evo twin scroll setup iirc thus the power bump from low to mid 200's stock.

And the direct injection, but on 22 psi it will make decent numbers

ProchargedSN-95

Sideways at any speed
Established Member
Nice kill. Raced one of these a about a month ago with my 98. Nice car but wasnt gonna keep up with a blown 4v lol!

fast02gt

Established Member
Nice race. I actually really like the way those cars look... haven't seen one slammed with wheels though.

I do too man! It was a clean looking car. I don't know what year it was though, we just kinda yelled out the window some quick chat about what mods were done to our cars. it wasn't a slaughter by any means, about 1 1/2 cars, if I would have sprayed it would have been ugly LOL

02SVTV6

Established Member
That car is as slow as tree sap making its way down to a stump. I've seen that slow heap locally all these guys talk about running E85 because they can't invest In just building a car so they wanna cut corners and run E85 and max out the snail size turbo with 20+ psi which is another way of saying I'm trying to force a lot of hot air into my cars intake with help of E85 fuel for my stock turbo

02SVTV6

Established Member
^Not everyone can afford an insane all out build like you can, just sayin

Has nothing to do with anything and my build wasnt over night or easy to do none the less. I know the car he's talking about its its probably a high 13 sec car at best for a over priced Hyundai Tiburon. Even the supercharged ones are a waste. I would do a 11-13 V6 with bolt on all day over one.

turd burglar

Established Member
Has nothing to do with anything and my build wasnt over night or easy to do none the less. I know the car he's talking about its its probably a high 13 sec car at best for a over priced Hyundai Tiburon. Even the supercharged ones are a waste. I would do a 11-13 V6 with bolt on all day over one.

Supercharged genesis? Whaaaaaa?

02SVTV6

Established Member
Hell even my LT1 is faster lol and I paid $600 for it and went 12s at 114.5

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
My patrol vehicle is faster than your charger heap

Hell even my LT1 is faster lol and I paid $600 for it and went 12s at 114.5

Do you at least have proof of those since you refuse to post track proof of your fast car? You go thread to thread down talking everybody's car then tuck tail when asked to show yours:shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread