96 Mystic bottom detailed - video

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
I spent somewhere between 10-20 hours over a handful of days fully detailing every nook and cranny on the bottom side of my 1996 Mystic Cobra. Once it was thoroughly clean, I went to work on corrosion control with rust disolver followed by rust treatment. The majority of the rust was on bare metal nuts, bolts exhaust and suspension parts, but there was a small amount on panel edges and a few other areas. Everything has been treated and stopped with the exception of the exhaust system and some suspension components. The end results are a bottom side as clean as the top side with corrosion controlled so the car lasts a long, long time.

When it was all done, I had a little iMovie fun! :D

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
Holy clean. Great job. How dirty was it under there?

It wasn’t too bad compared to other bottom side detail projects I’ve done. The car only has 400 miles on it, but it had never been cleaned or had corrosion control done to it, so it had a couple decades worth of dust/dirt/grime/road splatter that needed attention. I cleaned most by hand, but used things like rags wrapped around paint sticks to get to areas my hands couldn’t. I also cleaned the wheels inside and out and gave them their first rotation.

I can’t imagine ever having to do this project again since the car will be a garage queen. It was a big project, but once and done!

Users who are viewing this thread