96 impala ss vs 08 bullitt

jfsram

Established Member
Mismatched races are the most boring things to watch.

I'd rather see 2 16 seconds cars fender to fender.

vicmaster

DOHC 32v 4 door rules!
Established Member
lol. I never even bothered racing them when I had my blower on my Marauder, just wasn't fair. Hell, when it was N/A I would take those things all day long.

Tunedprt91

Established Member
So are you talking about your car being n/a with mods vs the stock impala's? I would think a stock impala ss could take a stock marauder. A modded car vs stock is nothing to really brag about imo.

sd8683

Vince Masuka is DA Man!
Established Member
So are you talking about your car being n/a with mods vs the stock impala's? I would think a stock impala ss could take a stock marauder. A modded car vs stock is nothing to really brag about imo.

Stock vs stock a Marauder and an Impala are pretty much neck and neck, which is pretty sad if you ask me, the Impala is 7 years older.
But Marauder's wake right up with a few bolt-ons. They were tuned waaaaaay down from the factory to save gas mileage

Last edited:

ScreaminRedZ

Established Member
thats one heavy LT1 ....

Fixed, haha!

I agree 100%

Stock vs stock a Marauder and an Impala are pretty much neck and neckQUOTE]

Really? That suprises me, I would have guessed that the Maurader was faster. Wasn't rated like 45 more hp than the Impala? Was it way down on torque? I would think both cars weigh similar.

Last edited:

sd8683

Vince Masuka is DA Man!
Established Member
Fixed, haha!

I agree 100%

Stock vs stock a Marauder and an Impala are pretty much neck and neckQUOTE]

Really? That suprises me, I would have guessed that the Maurader was faster. Wasn't rated like 45 more hp than the Impala? Was it way down on torque? I would think both cars weigh similar.

Yup its sad but true, the Impala has more torque, and the Marauder has bigger rims and tires so that doesn't help either.

evo connevo

Established Member
I don't think the ss had a great launch but yea I expected a slaughter anyways. Impalas will do 0-60 in the 7sec range and the 1/4 around 15.0..I would put money on a marauder too if they were going stock for stock too

03dsgcobranc

Fujiwara zone
Established Member
worst running ss impala i've ever seen , he definitely does not need drag radials

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member

Impala SS stock is a low 15 high 14 second car...

I'm kinda shocked he got raped that bad, I raced my friends 08 GT 5spd with a CAI and tune, and he passed me but he didnt obliterate me like that, I still kept up lol

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
I don't think the ss had a great launch but yea I expected a slaughter anyways. Impalas will do 0-60 in the 7sec range and the 1/4 around 15.0..I would put money on a marauder too if they were going stock for stock too

I could bug my mechanic into a race, he has a black 96 SS. neither of us are stock though :banana:

Speeds8erM-1

Video Whore
Established Member
Thats what I expected, a stock Impala SS is a high 9, low 10 second 1/8 car. They had the iron heads, smaller maf, smaller cam, only made 215-225 rwhp stock. I outran one from a roll in my 89 Camaro RS 305 TBI beater/daily driver driver years ago, and that thing was a SLUG. There are some fast b body's out there though.

Users who are viewing this thread