96 guys with fluidynes

El Jefe

Established Member
has anyone here with a overheating 96 put just a fluidyne in? if so did it fix the problem? i know i should get the a/c condenser and better fans but i only have the money for the radiator right now, im just wondering if it alone will stop it from runing so freaking hot all the time.

Dano

"Book 'em Dano"
Established Member
By hot, how hot do you mean? If you're going by the OEM temperature gauge, I'd get another source, and verify that it's actually running hot ... you should be running around 190 - 210, with the fan cycling on and off. The stock radiators are very thin, and you can spend a lot of money trying to get the engine to run at 170 degrees - just not possible. How're the hoses, the thermostat, and the waterpump? The fan mod is an inexpensive way to get the fan to run at high speed, by command. jmo

Dan

Last edited:

El Jefe

Established Member
thanks for the link! i think i'll get a radiator anyways because i hit the track atleast once a week and i would like it to run cooler at the track, but that fan trick is nice cause then i can leave the fans on in the lanes while i wait

Dano

"Book 'em Dano"
Established Member
Running the AC (makes fan run at high speed) will put the temp down to about 195 - 200, while you're waiting, and then you can turn it off. jmo

El Jefe

Established Member
i think i'll pick up a temp gauge, wire the fan,get the radiator, and put a 180 thermostat in. i think i'll be set for awhile in the cooling department, but those mezier electric water pumps look temping.

Users who are viewing this thread