96 GT vs CTS-V & C6 Vette

96GT/SC

Ford Fan
Established Member
So I have notice some stories of people getting into fun random runs and I wanted to share as well. This run happen maybe 3 months ago while the engine was still in the car.

So I am driving out to my GFs house and come across a C6 Vette with a fairly deep exhaust note, so I do the only decent thing and rev on him. Well he decides to pull behind me and ride my ass on this two lane road which kinda got on my nerves. There is no reason to ride someones ass you want to run.. There is traffic but a third lane is coming up and is wide open so we hop in that lane and punch it. I pull cars on him and we fly by a newer CTS-V (supercharged one) that is cruising in the center lane and upon seeing us he wants to play. We come up to a light and the V jumps in the left lane, there is a truck in the center, and I am up front in the right lane with the C6 behind me. Light goes green and we take off. I pull the V off the line and hold him in 2nd by about a car. I shift to 3rd and I hear his blower screaming and he is pulling back on me. As I climb my rpm in 3rd we start to level off with his nose on my 1/4 panel and we shut down due to traffic. Looked back and the C6 was buses behind us.:lol1: We had a small chat then went separate ways. He just had an exhaust but damn that blower sounded mean. Probably one of my more fun runs and wanted to share. :beer:

Nemesis96

Established Member
What do you have in your 96 stang to achieve 449 hp? I'm just asking because I have a 96 stang myslef and would love like to have such HP and TQ.

96GT/SC

Ford Fan
Established Member
What do you have in your 96 stang to achieve 449 hp? I'm just asking because I have a 96 stang myslef and would love like to have such HP and TQ.

Hmmm, where to start. Lol

Well the main power adder is a Vortech V2 supercharger (12psi) with custom Intercooler piping. As far as the engine goes the bottom end is stock and I have 01 PI heads with Stage 1 Comp cams and a Bullit intake manifold. The Cams helped out alot but the manifold is what really woke it up I think.
Also It made 449 on a very pulled back tune. I am only running 9* of timing. At full timing it flew past the 450 mark but the tuner tried to prevent me from throwing a rod. I ended up spinning a bearing instead. :(

With just PI heads (stock cams,intake manifold and no intercooler) the car made 370whp on 12psi.

What Hp are you currently at and what do you want?

Last edited:

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
cts-v's are not very loud at all, when it comes to the supercharger, and they launch incredibly hard in automatic form. good kill though

96GT/SC

Ford Fan
Established Member
cts-v's are not very loud at all, when it comes to the supercharger, and they launch incredibly hard in automatic form. good kill though

A friend of mine said the same thing. Guess the thrill of the race pointed out the whine to me. I dont know if it was an auto or not and thank you.

Nemesis96

Established Member
At the moment I have the PI heads comp cam stage 1 and full bolt on. I have no idea how much HP I'm making. Right now I'm in transistion of swapping my 4r70w to a t-45.

96GT/SC

Ford Fan
Established Member
At the moment I have the PI heads comp cam stage 1 and full bolt on. I have no idea how much HP I'm making. Right now I'm in transistion of swapping my 4r70w to a t-45.

I had a 98 with a very similar setup and put down 300whp. Your probably around that. Boost or spray will get you in the 400whp range easy but be careful and get a good tune or you will be buying a bottom end like me. Lol.

Users who are viewing this thread