96 GT Plugs/Wires Help

blucobra03

Established Member
I have a 96 GT with about 150K on the engine. Never been into it. Runs great except right now it needs new plugs and wires and possibly a new pair of coil packs. My goal is to increase the total spark to the plug so it burns cleaner/hotter/more fuel efficient. If I were to install a pair of MSD coil packs and their wires, would I also need a new alternator to make sure the new coil packs were putting out max voltage ? I am running a tired stock 130 amp alternator. Also, what would be the best plugs and what temp ? I am looking at both Denso Iridiums and the NGK's. Finally, what are the best plug wires right now that will give me best performance and still keep the radio noise down ? I realize running everything almost stock right now makes it somewhat superfluous, but I will be upgrading the engine soon enough and want to buy parts now that will support that refresh/upgrade. Any help would be appreciated as always guys. :beer:

spike_africa

Established Member
Honestly its not worth the money for that stuff, the Ford OEM stuff is pretty good on these cars. However, checkout summitracing.com they have nice deals on their brand name wires, along with whatever coils you want, and a set of NGK TR55 plugs and your good to go.

Users who are viewing this thread