96 Cobra wrecked, Engine intact

96Cobra17

Established Member
96 Cobra wreck, now w/ Pics

Well, spun out on the freeway the other night and the rear left end hit a wall at about 35mph.

The Bad:
Rear windshield broke and the back end has bad body damage. Driver side door got pushed out a couple inches, driver's seat is broken(but still comfortable lol), and the mirror is gone!(must have gotten ejected). Oh and the flowmasters are bent but its ok, they sucked anyways.

The good:
Front end was untouched and uneffected. The engine starts and runs great! Car still runs but wont shift out of second gear.
Mods:
4.10 Ford Racing Gears
Short Tube headers
BBK offroad X-pipe
Flowmasters(bent)
K&N Big Air Filter
New rear axle
new transmission shaft
Mcleod Aluminum Flywheel
Mccleod Clutch and Housing
Steeda Adjustable Clutch Cable
Cross Drilled and Slotted Brake Rotors
New powersteering pump and pump lines
new radiator

All entries labeled "new" have <2k miles on them.

Oh and the car only had 71k miles!

PICTURES AT THE BOTTOM!!!

Last edited:

CWCobra

Established Member
Sorry to hear of your fate...hope there were no injuries. I'm interested in buying your hood, if it's undamaged. PM me if interested in selling.

CW

fast02gt

Established Member
hit the switch ts located in your back left side of the car behind the panel and pop the switch back up. should start right up.

Daz97Roush

TruckSlut
Established Member
interested in the seats...is the driver side really bad? or just the seat tracks are broken? PM me man..im about 10 minutes from ya.

navi243

Established Member
very interested in front and rear brakes....please let me know a price for the rotors, calipers, banjo bolts, mounting brackets...shipped to 78230

96Cobra17

Established Member
Sorry for the not responding, Ive been in rosarito all week. Well, I would rather sell the car as a whole than part it out because it'd be a pain to part since I am a full time student at SDSU and the car is at my house in Garden Grove. Plus, Im not the best mechanically. I will throw some numbers out when I decide if I am parting it out or not.

$3500 takes all

UPDATE: ENGINE IS RUNNING!

Last edited:

96Cobra17

Established Member
PICS!

Mustang_001.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg
10.jpg

Ok so the engine still runs great and the car still drives but its stuck in 2nd gear :(

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread