96 Cobra, what does this plug go to?

96S/Cobra

Established Member
I am having a brain fart and I can't recall/figure out where this plug goes. It is approx. 10" from the main wire harness connection (where the single bolt goes down through the connection) on the passenger side back in the corner by the fire wall. I believe it is the first thing that comes off the main wire harness after this main connection in the corner. Could someone go out and pop the hood on their car and check it out for me. I am trying to get my car back together and I just can't remember what it goes to.

Here's a quick pic of the connection. Thanks for any and all help!!

mustangplug.jpg

96S/Cobra

Established Member
I really appreciate the info guys, but I still can't figure out where the other end of this plug goes. You can see in the pic that the wire is only about 2-3" long, so it's not like it can go far. Can anyone help/show me where this plug goes? The MAF is on the front passenger side, but there's no way this will reach because it's so short, something will need to come up to it to plug in and for the life of me I can't figure it out.

White96svt

Established Member
That is the connector for the purge flow sensor. It is basically a floating sensor (not phisically attached to anything) around the top of the passenger side of the motor. You should see a vacuum line coming from a port on the intake just below the throttle body. Follow that vacuum line to the sensor and thats the plug for that sensor. Let me know if you still can't find it, I will go take a pic.

White96svt

Established Member
There you go, WhiteFoxGT has a good pic of it. His looks like its not the OE sensor so yours might look a little different, but you still get the point.

96S/Cobra

Established Member
You guys are great, I really appreciate it. :beer:

The SVTP community comes through again for a fellow member in need!!

Users who are viewing this thread