96 cobra vs 2 05 honda s2000's

whyte_03

I got your HEMI hanging!!
Established Member
tell him

Happy to say I just got back from a race against 2 s2000's. They were together on the 105east freeway. Lucky me just driving at 70mph and one revvs next to me and wants to go. I say hey what the heck.:thumbsup: I honk 3 times and we I take off in third at 60mph and god his exhaust was loud :eek:. End of third and forth I was 3 to 4 car lengths ahead. The other guy in the white s2000 didnt want to go for some strange reason. The guys wanted to chat so we stopped at a mobil station and the one with the white s2000 didnt like me very much for some weird strange reason and said I have nos but I showed them my engine and said basically I have most bolt on mods and just get back in his car with his girl. The guy I ran with though was really cool and said he has bolt on and tune and supposedly he runs low 13's. :poke:. I just said by and just laughed back home. no way a s2000 like his is built ran low 13's. But good times.:banana::rockon::-D

tell that guy to bring that shit box honda to Fontana December 1st... i would like to see low 13's :lol1:

crj814x4

Driving GOD
Established Member
tell that guy to bring that shit box honda to Fontana December 1st... i would like to see low 13's
/// I really didnt believe him either the way I pulled on him but hey he just made my car look better than his and his friends. ITs all good.

TORNATIC!!

Established Member
The older ones are mid to high 14 second cars, and aren't comparable to a SN95 cobra. However, the 2005 S2000's do the 1/4 in 14.2 sec @ 98.0 mph with a 0-60 in 5.5. The new ones stock S200 vs stock SN95 Cobra is a driver's race.

Besides jumping from 2.0 to 2.2 there really isn't much of a performance difference between the newer S2000 and the older ones. Some have gotten into the high 13's with a stock S2000. I've seen a time of 13.8 at 101 from a stock one. They're so hard to launch it's takes some time to master it.

Socom688

Cobra > All other cars..
Established Member
well.. having talked with numerous people that have achieved high 13's (13.7-13.9 from 99-101 mph) from a 2.0 S2000... saying they are only good for mid to high 14's is kinda wrong.. and any S2000 vs a SN95 Cobra (4.6) is a good race..

I was repeating the facts from Car and Driver and other reputable sources. Well in that case I know someone who went 13.5 in a stock cobra with just drag radials and intake, so with that said I guess that could apply to anyone who has a driver mod. BTW there were no S2000s that I raced when I was NA that could have held a finger to me. They didn't have anything big done to them, basic bolt on, but it was never close expect once. When I had 4.10s intake and catback, I destroyed my friends 2.0 s2000 and he had a catback and intake. It wasn't close.

Last edited:

Socom688

Cobra > All other cars..
Established Member
Besides jumping from 2.0 to 2.2 there really isn't much of a performance difference between the newer S2000 and the older ones. Some have gotten into the high 13's with a stock S2000. I've seen a time of 13.8 at 101 from a stock one. They're so hard to launch it's takes some time to master it.

:shrug: I only bested a 13.4 when I was N/A with some basic bolt ons on street tires, and all but one race of the many I did race were not that close. One guy did stay with me though and I only had a half a car at about 100 from a 20 roll.

Last edited:

middlebrooksmac

Established Member
A bone stock 350z will take a bone stock s2000. I know this for a fact cause i work for a nissan / honda dealership and we have taken them out and ran them many times.

crj814x4

Driving GOD
Established Member
:burnout: Yup when you work at dealerships we always get used cars and just test drive the crap out of them. Its fun working at a dealership at times.:banana:

Users who are viewing this thread