96 Cobra vs 08 c6 Corvette

LupercioStang

Lil Boy with Big Wheels
Established Member
My friend has a 07 or 08 c6 corvette w/straight pipes...and I have a 96 Cobra with 3.73 gears, exhaust, and a K&N cai...I might not be able to win my friends corvette but what do you guys think is the best way to give the guy a run for his money. My other friend raced him in his ALL stock 96 Cobra, and lost but kept up pretty good...the corvette beat him by a couple of cars...and this is from a dig...how do you guys think mine will do with gears n other slight mods, n should i race from a roll or from a dig... I don't expect to win but what are some factors that will work to my advantage :p lol..thanks guyss!! :beer:

holzmach

Established Member
i would do a dig, and take everything out of the car you can. sounds like the vette needs a driver. i would get sharp on the launches and try to get him out of the hole with those 3:73's. not much you can do after that.

LupercioStang

Lil Boy with Big Wheels
Established Member
i would do a dig, and take everything out of the car you can. sounds like the vette needs a driver. i would get sharp on the launches and try to get him out of the hole with those 3:73's. not much you can do after that.

lol alright, whats the best rpm to launch from? 3k?

mysticalsnake

Established Member
to figure out best RPM, you'll have to get out and play with tire pressure and RPM. if you spin, you can lower tire pressure or rpm (maybe a bit of both) to find the sweet spot, and if you bog the car down on the launch try a higher RPM or a bit more air pressure in the tires. Just be careful and do things incrementally to work your way to that sweet spot and try not to jump from one extreme to the other.

+1 with holzmach, dig is going to be your best shot. takes into account the driver a lot more than from a roll.

CobraKid04

Established Member
considering your at a at a 50+ hp disadvantag I would say that If you friend can get the car in every gear you will lose...but anything can happen on the street.

Now the biggest problem for the vette is the traction...I have a 2010 GS and blow the tires off with any kind of RPM clutch drop...so Dig is your advantage.

Get some sticky tires, short throw and rev that thing up and do a 4k+ rpm(maybe a little high but you get the idea) Clutch drop and row the hell out of the gears. Then hope the vette driver sleeps off the line and likes to grannyshift.

Give it hell and lets see a vid!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread