'96 Cobra, Vortech and forged internals

tgentry

Got Boost?
Established Member
'96 Cobra, Vortech and forged internals (SOLD!)

It's time to sell Black Betty. This is an Alabama car, never any snow or salt. 121,000 on the body; about 15,000 on the engine. Overall very nice shape, used but not abused. The tune is very conservative, there's a lot more power there, especially if you add charge cooling. It needs tires. If I were keeping it I would also replace the exhaust, I think there is a minor leak somewhere.

Engine:
• Rebuilt by Modular Powerhouse. Teksid aluminum block, forged crank, forged pistons and rods, six bolt main bearing caps, 5 angle valve job (DOHC, 32 valve), 8.5:1 compression
• FRPP 42lb/hr injectors, dual Walbro 255lph pumps
• Vortech S-trim Supercharger with GT impeller, Reichard Pulley, Mongoose Power Pipe, 90mm MAF and K&N filter in fender well. 15psi peak boost.
• BBK long tube headers, X-pipe, Magnaflow cat-back
• Energy Suspension urethane engine and transmission mounts
• Fluidyne radiator, ’98 Cobra fan and A/C condenser.

Drive Train:
• FMS aluminum drive shaft
• B&M Ripper Shifter
• ’04 Cobra clutch and aluminum flywheel, UPR Rapid Release quadrant and Extreme adjuster, Steeda adjustable pedal stop

Suspension and Chassis:
• Front: KYB AGX struts, ’03 Cobra steering rack
• Rear: KYB AGX shocks, KYB Gas-A-Just lateral links, Pro3i Race lower control arms, Steeda HD upper control arms
• FRPP M-5300-C Springs
• Steeda Caster/Camber Plates
• FRPP M-5478-D sub-frame connectors

Brakes:
• Front: 13.0 in. Brembo vented disk, PBR twin-piston caliper, Goodridge braided stainless steel lines, quick release caliper pins, custom fabricated cooling ducts
• Rear: 11.65 in. Brembo vented disk, single-piston caliper
• Performance Friction “Z” pads

Wheels and Tires:
• ’95 Cobra R with BFG KDW 275/40-17

Safety, Convenience and Appearance:
• Autopower race roll bar with Longacre SFI padding
• Ultra-Shield padded six point harnesses
• Sullivan Racing Products aluminum pedal covers
• Raptor shift light
• Autometer Phantom boost and fuel pressure gauges
• Oil pressure gauge modified to show true pressure
• MGW Cobra shift knob
• ’04 Cobra wiper blades
• Clear corner markers
• Tinted windows
• Sequential turn signals
• Cobra snake Grille badge

$10,000. You couldn't duplicate the engine for that.

For fast response email speedracer815 at yahoo dot com

sm100_0766.gif

sm100_0767.gif

sm100_0768.gif

sm100_0772.gif

sm100_0777.gif

Last edited:

61mmstang94

Established Member
I'm not sure if I missed it in your post, but how much power does it make and who tuned it? Also, does this car have a/c still on it and how well does it work? Finally, are there any drivability issues with this car (in the tune, trans, rear, etc.)?

Very nice looking car!

Nastystang

Tell Em Hells Coming!
Established Member
How about your car and 8k for my 03 cobra??
If interested PM me i love your car

qwikhuh

Established Member
What pistons and rods were used? I am guessing it is .020 over? Stock trans? Would it be safe to drive 800 miles?

tgentry

Got Boost?
Established Member
The engine was built and tuned by Modular Powerhouse in Georgia (Modular PowerHouse). It put down 477rwhp on premium unleaded with a very conservative, very rich tune. It could certainly be tuned for more, especially with charge cooling. MPH said the bottom end was good for 750-800hp so there's room to grow.

Everything works as it should except for the fog lights which were removed for brake cooling. A/C blows cold as it should.

I believe it's .020 over, I'll have to go through the receipts to see what pistons and rods were used. Stock trans, which still works fine other than an occasional 1-2 grind when cold.

There are no driveability issues, I wouldn't hesitate to drive this car anywhere.

I'm not interested in any trades at this time.

Black03WPB

Established Member
Any current issues with the vehicle that I should be aware of? Any hidden gremlins right now? How long have you owned the car? Clear title?

I will PM you an offer after getting a response

tgentry

Got Boost?
Established Member
No current issues or gremlins other than stated above (tires and exhaust). I've owned the car since fall of '05. Clear IL title.

Black03WPB

Established Member
Ive been exhanging emails with ya. Car looks great! I'll get back to you after some research ( and I hammer out the financials with the guy buying my 03 ) and we will see what we can come up with!

Check your email by the way, I sent a couple more questions.

Black03WPB

Established Member
Also, Im looking into some shipping quotes.. it says this is an alabama car but your locaiton and title are in illinois. Where is this car?

Can you get me some more pictures of the interior?

Last edited:

tgentry

Got Boost?
Established Member
The car is in Rockford, IL. I bought it in 2005 and brought it up here from Birmingham, AL. It has seen VERY limited use since then. It still sports the window tint and no front plate, both illegal in IL.

I'll be happy to get you some more pics when it finally stops raining up here.

Black03WPB

Established Member
I just got a shipping quote that was incredibly reasonable from Illinois to West Palm Beach... which is very good news for both of us :)

Get me those interior pictures as soon as you can please! Also email me your phone number if you get a chance, I'd like to discuss this over the phone. See if we can't hammer out a deal sooner rather than later!

Last edited:

94venomV8

Established Member
could you put interior pics up on here for all to see I am very interested and close to you, want to pick up a car this weekend and I have cash let me know. Is the roll cage welded or bolted in. thanks

tgentry

Got Boost?
Established Member
The rollbar is bolted in, and the diagonal brace and harness bar are bolted to the main hoop, so they are removeable seperately for access to the rear seat area.

Users who are viewing this thread