96 Cobra t-56 swap

Great281

Boosted Devil
Established Member
Looking into sapping a t-56 into my cobra. Comes with a drive shaft, what is needed if anything to swap these into the sn-95 cobras? thanks

97CasperCobra

Track is Crack
Should be straight forward. I would recommend swapping out the trans cross brace with a Stifflers one while you're at it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Goindeafonmtx

Established Member
I've done it. Move the crossmember back. No need to waste your money on an aftermarket one. Buy the FRPP speedometer corrector. Get the hybrid u-joint. I think its 1330-1350, just going off memory. Shifter. Done.

Last edited:

blubyu87gt

Established Member
I just went from a TKO2 to a T56 Magnum in my 96 Cobra. I used a Stifflers crossmember when going to the TKO so reused it. Only needed to put the brackets back to the factory location.

You will need to have the bell housing to mate them up. Also a hammer. I had to massage the area right by the shifter base / Trans tunnel to get it to line up. Was only about 10 minutes of swinging the hammer so nothing too serious.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

arayray

Established Member
Do you need the harness from the T56?

Is it true? I have read that you can use the clutch cable / clutch and fork from the T45.

Last edited:

MysticChaos

Established Member
Do you need the harness from the T56?

Is it true? I have read that you can use the clutch cable / clutch and fork from the T45.
I can't remember on the harness (think I used all the T-45 stuff including the reverse light thing and added the extended range speedcal for the speed correction), but I know for sure I left the flywheel, clutch, and clutch cables in from the T-45. I wanna say I used the T-56 fork because it was already mounted.

I also swapped out the reverse lockout solenoid spring at first so it was softer, but then saw an article in 5.0 before their demise about a harness that can plug in and make it work with our cars, So I put the stiff spring back in and installed the module. http://www.samocoind.com/PRODUCTS.html It does work, I managed to fry one module already though (probably due to my poor wiring abilities) and haven't installed the new one because I realized that even with the heavy spring in its not that hard for me to muscle it over into reverse when thats where I want it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread