96 cobra T-45 service manual

WhiteOut

First time post but I have been a lurker for a while. Was wondering if anyone can help me out. I’m in the tear down process of rebuilding my 96 cobra transmission. I can’t not for the life of me find a service manual for this thing. Seems like it’s a bastard transmission. Lol. I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction for getting one. I have found lots of exploded views and have been in contact with Stan of ProForce Performance who acquired the t45 source. Plan on getting all my parts for the rebuild from him and he has been super helpful. Just hate to keep asking him step by step process questions and bothering him. Thanks in advance for any info or guidance you may have.

smaring

First time post but I have been a lurker for a while. Was wondering if anyone can help me out. I’m in the tear down process of rebuilding my 96 cobra transmission. I can’t not for the life of me find a service manual for this thing. Seems like it’s a bastard transmission. Lol. I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction for getting one. I have found lots of exploded views and have been in contact with Stan of ProForce Performance who acquired the t45 source. Plan on getting all my parts for the rebuild from him and he has been super helpful. Just hate to keep asking him step by step process questions and bothering him. Thanks in advance for any info or guidance you may have.

I'm in the same boat. I suspect the 2nd gear synchro ring on my 97 cobra T45 transmission may be toast. So far, the most informative stuff I've found is these notes Chris Neighbors wrote back in 2002 (attached). All paths I've found to acquire the official Tremec T45 rebuild guide have been dead ends.

I'm inclined to believe, however, that this PDF plus a smattering of Youtube videos may be instructive enough to get the job done.

-Steve
Titusville, FL

Attachments

• 426511997-mustang-gt-how-take-apart-t-45-transmission-preliminaryt45rebuild.pdf
    851.8 KB · Views: 518

Users who are viewing this thread