96' Cobra Procharged - Engine cutting out around 3k rpm (Video)

MG0h3

Established Member
True but you are only experiencing this problem for milliseconds essentially.

My work truck (2015 F150) is at 102k and has has a mid-low rpm heavy load misfire. Likely a tune part(service industry calls plugs, fuel filter, air filter tune components) issue as it’s at 102k and never had plugs.

I can create the misfire for 10-15 seconds on the freeway and no immediate CEL. Been going on for weeks and I just recently had a CEL for a day, gone now and still missing.

Haven’t bothered to write it up for repairs because we are scheduled to deadline the vehicle this FY.

Don’t get too distracted by unknowns or things that don’t matter. It’s real easy to do when problems crop up right after changing something. Ask me how I know!

I tend to look at things differently because I used to wrench for a living. While data logging is a tool that could help, unless you corrupted the tune somehow, you can diagnose this problem without your laptop.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

01silverstang

Established Member
Ok, so one other thing to throw out. When I got the car the traction control light was on, as the front passenger sensor was not clipped correctly and was worn through. I have a replacement sensor, but the current one is seized and I haven't gotten around to replacing it. In the meantime I just unplugged the damaged sensor.

Could this be related to traction control, my understanding is that it can pull timing and fuel? It might explain why I have no CEL or codes.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Ok, so one other thing to throw out. When I got the car the traction control light was on, as the front passenger sensor was not clipped correctly and was worn through. I have a replacement sensor, but the current one is seized and I haven't gotten around to replacing it. In the meantime I just unplugged the damaged sensor.

Could this be related to traction control, my understanding is that it can pull timing and fuel? It might explain why I have no CEL or codes.

traction control on these is pretty stupid. If there is any fault with the ABS system then traction control doesnt work. When it does work traction control will give you just a second or two of wheel spin and then cuts fuel is my understanding. I would be pretty stunned if they were related

MG0h3

Established Member
I’m not sure a front sensor would activate traction control in this respect.

Reminder: You’re still looking for something else coincidentally failing at the same time you worked on wiring and removed the alarm.

01silverstang

Established Member
traction control on these is pretty stupid. If there is any fault with the ABS system then traction control doesnt work. When it does work traction control will give you just a second or two of wheel spin and then cuts fuel is my understanding. I would be pretty stunned if they were related

Just trying to not ignore the small things that might click for someone else, It may still be something as simple as monitoring fuel pressure under load showing that the fuel pump is failing at WOT.

I’m not sure a front sensor would activate traction control in this respect.

Reminder: You’re still looking for something else coincidentally failing at the same time you worked on wiring and removed the alarm.

Again not ruling it out, but I have gone through the wiring diagram and can't see how anything surrounding the under dash removal of an alarm would have caused a throttle specific cutout. I have gone past the cutout at part throttle in second gear.

Users who are viewing this thread