96 cobra cranks but will not fire up

yfz162

88mph....serious shit!!!!
Established Member
96 cobra cranks but no fire
A couple weeks ago I hit a big water puddle while driving and my car died instantly. I pulled over and cranked the car several times before it fired up. Had to hold wot while cranking for it to start. It ran rough most of the day but came out of it. Well last nite I washed it at a car wash and had same issue, would not start without wot and several cranks. It fired and ran rough for just a few mins then ran normal for about 5 miles of driving then just died. Car will crank all day but will not backfire, hit, stumble or nothing. After cranking it smells of gas plus my fuel pressure gauge shows 40psi while cranking so I am guessing no plug fire. Any thoughts? My car has a c head swap with cop conversion, act 2400BA maf in fenderwell, Ttrim, n2mb wot box, etc....

Alegend123

Established Member
Take a look at your crank position sensor make sure the connection is tight if the car doesn't know where the crank position is it will crank all day but won't fire..

yfz162

Established Member
Ok the car sat for about 12 hrs so i decided to crank it over to see what happens. Well, it fired right right away then died so i cranked with wot and it finally fired up. Again it ran really rough, held it at wot to keep it running. After it warmed up the miss went away and it would rev out fine in neutral. I have not ran it on the road yet, but wtf???

yfz162

Established Member
i dunno what's going on with it. The crank and cam position sensors are not very old, less than 10k on them. The ccrm I have changed before as well, not saying any of these aren't the problem though. So I drove the car home from where it died, 60 miles roughly and not a problem. I do have to hold wot to get the car to start now however.

yfz162

Established Member
I will pull my filter off and hit it with maf cleaner to be safe, but that doesn't explain why it died from a simple car wash??? My maf is in the fenderwell and I didn't hit the car real hard with the pressure wash..... I have wiggled all connections under hood and nothing made the car stumble or miss. Just weird stuff.....

Users who are viewing this thread