96 Cobra cheap

onefiine69

Established Member
I have a 96 Laser red cobra for sale. The chasis has roughly 156,xxx miles. Has recently had new inner and outer tie rods and aglingment. The entire The engine was built 2 years ago and have receipt showing all the parts and labor ($12,900). However the engine now has a wrist pin noise and needs to be pulled apart. So I am selling it with the engine for $3,800 or without the engine for $2,800. I have the invoice for the engine build and a bunch of other recent work that was done. As for the rest of the car the only other things it needs is: front bumper repainted, driver door pin hinges. It is a black leather interior car.

Engine specs:
Cobra crank
H-beam rods
forged pistions
Ported heads
Stage 2 Comp cams
ARP studs throughout
all new bearings
Billet mellings oil pump
Heads were ported by Curtis boggs @ Race flow development ($995)
performance valve springs and retainers
all new gaskets

I should have pictures of it up tomorrow.

Last edited:

Cobra2001X

Banned
the deal for $2800 comes with trans and everything else except the engine right? Get some pics I might be interested

onefiine69

Established Member
IMG_1994.gif

onefiine69

Established Member
Forgot to mention it has 18 inch knock off FR500 wheels with decent tread (MW wheels?). They aren't in the best shape but not terrible.

James97cobra

Established Member
Any performance numbers on the car before it broke? How is the interior? Clean carfax? Any other mods to the car? Everything that would be on a running and driving car is there and in good shape besides the motor??

onefiine69

Established Member
Yes my cousin has the dyno sheets somewhere. Ill have him give them to me. The interior is in good shape except for the driver seat has a tear on the bolster. Should have a clean carfax but I haven't run one on it. Yes it was running and driving great!, before the noise started.

Some other mods:
High flow cats
flowmaster cat back

Users who are viewing this thread