96 Cobra - 30k miles - Suspension mods - Hurt motor

BradJ

Established Member
Up for sale is my 96 Cobra. Car has 30k miles on the chassis and motor, but the motor is hurt. I'm pretty certain it just blew a piston ring, but I haven't taken the motor apart. I was cleaning the IMRCs, key was accidentally turned on while the fuel lines were disconnected and pumped a bit of fuel in and around the lower intake. I thought I cleaned it all up well, but after putting it all together and trying to fire it up there was a loud popping noise and then the car wouldn't crank anymore. I'm no expert here so I'm just speculating, all I know is the car wont crank. Starter is fine so that's not the issue.

Anyhow, here are the details.

Crystal White on black
30k miles
Stock motor
JLT CAI
MAC prochamber
SLP catback (Power-Flo muffles, NOT loud mouth...sound much better)
MM remote oil filter
MM K-member
MM front LCAs
Griggs CC plates (brand new, 0 miles)
Eibach Pro-Street coil overs (These are BRAND NEW, not one mile on them) with 300lb/in front, 225lb/in rear springs
J&M weight jacker LCAs (brand new, 0 miles)
Black Chrome Saleen's 18x9 18x10 with Kuhmo MX tires
Pro 5.0 shifter (brand new, 0 miles)
smoked headlights

I think that's about it. All mods have less than 2k miles on them.The car is in good condition but has some issues. As with most Crystal White cars the paint is chipping in some areas. I have applied touch up paint to most of these areas. No chip is bigger than maybe 1/16-1/8". The front right wheel is lighter than the others. Its closer to regular chrome than black chrome. It also has a little rash on it.

Honestly, I have no idea what to ask for the car, considering it's not drivable. The right person could have this car back on the road for cheap. Let's start with $6500 and see what happens.

Here are some pics

Pictures by bmjensen - Photobucket

BradJ

Established Member
Would I be better off throwing a fresh shortblock in there, then trying to sell? This is a solid low mileage cobra, just needs a little work!

SLOWNED

Established Member
You should definitely fix it and enjoy it for a bit. Your car only has 30k miles on the chassis, and if you replace the motor im sure itll fetch a pretty penny.

bluefox

Brad,
I'm interested in your hurt cobra. I've got a teksid short block that's been sitting.... PM me or call 864-354-8110.
Thanks,
Erik

bluefox

interested

Brad,
I'm interested in your hurt cobra. I've got a teksid short block that's been sitting.... PM me or call 864-354-8110.
Thanks,
Erik

Users who are viewing this thread