'96 Cobra 10psi P1SC Installed...only seeing 5psi.

AtlanticCobra98

Ummm Yeah!!!!
Established Member
hey laser did you run out of fuel pump? i know i did thats why i didnt make anymore power than it did. He cut timing on mine so mine is still ok to run at track. My setup i was over 400+ to the wheels until fuel became an issue

lasercobra

No SVT
Established Member
AtlanticCobra98 said:
hey laser did you run out of fuel pump? i know i did thats why i didnt make anymore power than it did. He cut timing on mine so mine is still ok to run at track. My setup i was over 400+ to the wheels until fuel became an issue

It's an aviator and I'm getting about 60#'s @ WOT I don't think that's the issue. Sam ran through the laundry list of things it could be and I think everything met his standards. Everything except the tune. It was done by JMS and I don't think he likes them. :-D

I'm still in the air on a possible bottleneck. Could be the Lightning MAF too....

collibr1

Established Member
lasercobra said:
It's an aviator and I'm getting about 60#'s @ WOT I don't think that's the issue. Sam ran through the laundry list of things it could be and I think everything met his standards. Everything except the tune. It was done by JMS and I don't think he likes them. :-D

I'm still in the air on a possible bottleneck. Could be the Lightning MAF too....
LMAF and an x-tender are usually good for over 600+rwhp. I don't think that is your bottle neck.

lasercobra

No SVT
Established Member
collibr1 said:
LMAF and an x-tender are usually good for over 600+rwhp. I don't think that is your bottle neck.

I'm not using an x-tender so I'm still not sure.

AtlanticCobra98 said:
i was just curious i didnt say thats what it was.

I emphasized think because I'm still not sure.

Either way it's got to be tune fuel delivery or air. That really narrows it down, huh? :D

lasercobra

No SVT
Established Member
no_slow_svt said:
what is that exactly.
ive never heard of it
J

From what I understand, it allows the MAF to read more air.
The MAF gets 'pegged' and can't meter all the air going through it. Obviously that creates a lean condition.

I can't remember if a retune is necessary. Anyone?

Sorry to high-jack the thread.

no_slow_svt

2 wheeled dork
Established Member
im pretty much on the same boat as svtruck
im trying to get all the kinks worked out before i go get a tune.
the car runs really good and ive had it all the way up to 5500 rpms so far and its not breaking up at all. smells fat as hell. just this service engine soon light is throwing me off. so far ive seen 7psi at the manifold.
im running a 3.70 pulley.
J

svtruck

Huge Member
Established Member
I have my Anderson power-pipe on...man is the blower louder now!

Justin at VMP says he's pretty busy until December. I have some suspension work to do in the meantime anyway. Justin said I could use one of those MAF extenders as well with my 90mm Lightning air meter and should be fine...or I could switch to an SCT sensor in my Lightning housing...but the extender would work fine and would be cheaper. So that's my latest...wish I could report back with results sooner! Just to reiterate since this thread has grown WAY to long...I am running a ATI supplied 3.90" pulley which ATI verified should develop 10psi on my setup. I've only seen 6psi but that was right after I installed the kit, haven't ran it up since because the tune is fugged up. Waiting to see what the car does on Justin's dyno...that will give me a lot of answers about my tune and my low boost condition.

BTW, fitting the power pipe and intercooler discharge tubing in the fender well was a PITA. Cutting the fender well wasn't to bad, I mostly used tin snips and a little dremel cut-off wheel to open it up...used some split fuel line instead of the rubber ribbon Anderson supplied to cover the edge of the newly cut opening. The air filter is HUGE! Blower whistle is much louder now...sounds cool as hell! The pipe itself is positively HUGE as compared to the ATI supplied inlet pipe...greatly opened up the breathing of the blower...I can understand why these power pipes add boost now. Very nice piece, nice welds, seems to be built very well...I scratched it up a little installing it, but whatever.

I'll report back when I have more news...hopefully other Mustangers will get some benefit from this thread.

thematrixhazune

Follow the white rabbit
Established Member
svtruck - Try going to (CFT)central florida turbo if you want to do a dyno run, that is where I took my car. Long time ago when I had my supercharger I had nothing but problems from install instructions to power ect... Then I went to turbo ;-)

Last edited:

svtruck

Huge Member
Established Member
I didn't know Central Florida Turbo tuned Mustangs...but you say you had a good experience?

Justin is between my home and office so will be pretty convenient for me. I'm not really in a rush to get it tuned anyway...I'll be taking my Subie to the remaining autocrosses this year anyway. I got a new rear anti-sway bar on my Subie and I'm anxious to try it out.

Last edited:

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
thematrixhazune said:
svtruck - Try going to (CFT)central florida turbo if you want to do a dyno run, that is where I took my car. Long time ago when I had my supercharger I had nothing but problems from install instructions to power ect... Then I went to turbo ;-)

I'd wait for Justin over at VMP. I think he's worth it.

I've heard good things and bad things about CFT. Ever heard of Wolverine? They did an awesome job on his Mustang.

They have a blue SI running around Orlando that run's 10's at 135. Barely got any rice on it too.

thematrixhazune

Follow the white rabbit
Established Member
I have had no problems from CFT so far. Make sure Rolo (Rolando) is there to do it and you would be set. Your choice, buy yeah willie(wolverine) had his done there awsome power.

Good luck

Users who are viewing this thread