96-98 Mustang GT Reliability?

USAOwnz

I don't even know now!
Established Member
I am planning on getting Mustang Gt around that year, because I want something with power, my Honda doesn't have that. But I am wondering what's the reliability on these things and about how fast are they and how easy/cheap they are to get a couple more ponies out of the engine.

KduncSS

Ille qui nos omnes servab
Established Member
While a SN95 GT will be a big upgrade from your Honda, they are some of the slowest Mustangs from the factory. That is not to say they are not great cars, I know guys that have well over 100k miles on their 96-98 GT's with hardly any issues, just normal wear and tear. I would suggest the same year Cobra, they are getting pretty reasonable in price, and offer a great deal more performance. If you are on a tighter budget, and just want a nice V8 car, then a GT will suit your needs fine, but if ever get the mod bug, you might be dissapointed.

USAOwnz

I don't even know now!
Established Member
I see.
What about 99 GT or a 96 Cobra?
What is the main thing that goes on these engines, the Honda might not have speed, but damn thing won't die out.
I guess I am going to have to save my pennies and get something better than a 96-98 GT, unless I find a killer deal. Thanks for the info man!

Users who are viewing this thread