96-98 cobra vs 05-08 mustang gt

blksnakebite97

Established Member
I have a basically stock 97 cobra (O/R x pipe, flowmaster muffs, msd ignition and wires, Cai, Mgw short throw) And my friends dad has a 07 Mustang GT 5spd with a K&N short ram intake, and exhaust cutouts, He might come with us next time we go to the track, They make just about same numbers stock but I have been it and it seems to pull harder, is it because im not driving or will this think put cars on me? Cant find videos, or good numbers online.

ALFONSO318

Established Member
I own a 97 Cobra and i love it...i wouldnt trade it for any GT...Cobra is kinda set apart from GTs and they are becoming rarer and rarer...get a "classic" for less and take that extra money and get it blown and rock on!

blksnakebite97

Established Member
oh no doubt I love mine too and would not trade it for even a blown gt.the cobras are one of a kind especially the 4v motors. but just needed ideas on how close it would be. thanks

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
should be farely close but he will prob win, he should have 3.55 gearas and you only have 3.27's the gearing in our cars does not halp us at all

CobraByrd96

Established Member
You'll get him. I have only LT's, o/r xpipe, pro 5.0 shifter, cai, UDP's on my 96 cobra and took a 05+ gt that had full exhaust by a car WITH my 300lbs friend in the car.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
If you had gears, I'd say you'd be all set. Without them, I think he'll take you. What are your times at the track?

VEGASbabyVEGAS

I }> MY HONDA
Established Member
I ran a 07 with Intake and exhaust... we were dead even all the way across the line (98 w/ 3.73s, tuner, and some suspension) I think we both ran around 13.9....later that night I ran a solid 13.4 after tweaking the air pressure, icing the manifold, tossing the spare and running the rear shocks at full stiff.

dro

Stock 5.0 w/ mods > *
Established Member
96-98 cobras are easy prey, 99 and 01's are a diff story... Only raced one 99 though.. and he had cams full exhaust and 4:30's... beat me by .200

blksnakebite97

Established Member
If you had gears, I'd say you'd be all set. Without them, I think he'll take you. What are your times at the track?

first of all My freaking 4.10's r sittin in my room pissing me off by not being in my car, second of all my best of 3 runs at the track was 14.1 dont laugh too hard but I had a 2.6 60" but now I have some 275 BF goodrich DR's Im pretty pumped also what do you think I will run now, I spun way past 100 ft and could not floor second?

love bandit2

Established Member
first of all My freaking 4.10's r sittin in my room pissing me off by not being in my car, second of all my best of 3 runs at the track was 14.1 dont laugh too hard but I had a 2.6 60" but now I have some 275 BF goodrich DR's Im pretty pumped also what do you think I will run now, I spun way past 100 ft and could not floor second?

dude if you're getting 2.6 60's, you are doing something majorly wrong... even on street tires thats horrible. I think the driver mod would probably help you most of all.

Users who are viewing this thread